Author Topic: Activity - Open Hangar Door and NO Hangar  (Read 5548 times)

firehawk44

Activity - Open Hangar Door and NO Hangar
« on: February 12, 2012, 10:08:22 pm »
I have FSDT JFK installed and loaded my 737 NGX at Gate B31.  When I hit Ctrl+F12, I get the following message:

As you can see, there are no hangars nearby and I cannot get the startup sequence to load passengers, luggage, etc.  I have the latest updates installed.

Best regards,
Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Activity - Open Hangar Door and NO Hangar
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:38:47 pm »
Have you installed GSX AFTER the scenery ? If you reinstalled the scenery after GSX; you need to reinstall at least the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

firehawk44

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:12:36 pm »
Have you installed GSX AFTER the scenery ? If you reinstalled the scenery after GSX; you need to reinstall at least the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

GSX was installed AFTER FSDT JFK.  JFK has been installed for over a year.  I recently reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as you indicated there was an upgrade.  Then I downloaded the latest version of GSX (1.1).  I did not uninstall GSX but installed the new version over the original version.

Best regards,
Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 11:31:38 pm »
Does the Addon Manager show GSX in its addon list ? Do you have the "GSX Settings" menu under the "Couatl powered products" ?

firehawk44

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:37:58 am »
Does the Addon Manager show GSX in its addon list ? Do you have the "GSX Settings" menu under the "Couatl powered products" ?

Yes to both questions. GSX is activated. However, I found what I did wrong and fixed it.  You evidently have to shut down the 737NGX to Cold and Dark before you can activate any services.  I shut it down and got the message to activate.  Fixed!  Thanks for your support!

Best regards,
Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 12:42:35 am »
You evidently have to shut down the 737NGX to Cold and Dark before you can activate any services.  I shut it down and got the message to activate.  Fixed!  Thanks for your support!

It should be enough to turn the engines off (and parking brakes on), not entirely cold and dark.

firehawk44

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 01:27:30 am »
You evidently have to shut down the 737NGX to Cold and Dark before you can activate any services.  I shut it down and got the message to activate.  Fixed!  Thanks for your support!

It should be enough to turn the engines off (and parking brakes on), not entirely cold and dark.

I see that now.  I never saw the red warning messages earlier but saw them when I tried it again and after verifying GSX was listed in the Addon Manager.  The first message said I had to shut down the aircraft before I could request services.  I did.  Then tried ctrl+F12 again and a red message said I had to have the brakes on.  Then things worked perfectly.  Funny I had not seen this hangar message earlier out of Portland.  I have seen the 'you need to set your brakes' message several times.  I just wanted to respond in case others run into the same situation.  Thanks again for the support and a great FSX addon!

Ciao,
Jim