Author Topic: I am getting the wrong menu  (Read 5503 times)

raffer

I am getting the wrong menu
« on: February 11, 2012, 05:07:06 pm »
After my initial and satisfactory run with GSX   now when click on the menu I only get
a "Get Parking Facility" and am unable to select anything else.

Anyone have some helpful ideas??

Many thanks

George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I am getting the wrong menu
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:39:20 pm »
Try to restart Couatl from the Couatl menu.

bobbyjoh

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:45:39 pm »
I have this exact same problem at BluePrints KLAX.  I did restart GSX and I still am only getting the option for Parking Services.  1 change parking location gate57, 2 request follow me, 3 revoke parking services.

How do I correct this issue?  Everything worked just perfect at my BluePrint KDTW.

Great program

Bob Johnson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 12:05:54 am »
If you see the GSX menu, it means it's *working*. If you see the gate selection menu, it means that you are not parked on a parking position, or the AFCAD isn't recognized.

Check you don't have a problem with your FSX scenery cache, this might be fixed by removing the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryCache

and let FSX and GSX rebuild their cache

bobbyjoh

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:48:54 am »
Hi Virtuali,

Thanks for the fast reply, no I don't have a problem with the scenery.  After I posted and reading some other comments I let FSX reposition my 767 at startup.  It moved way forward from my position where the jetbridge was at the at my exit door not the pax door.  Once there when I activated GSX all the menu's were there.  So it had to be some function with the AFCAD. 

Have you tested any of the BluePrint airport's?  What do I need to do with the AFCADs to make GSX work in the proper position.

Again a great program, BTW how are you coming with the loader.  My 767 has bags coming out the rear left door but it needs the loader for the front cargo door.

Bob Johnson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 10:25:48 am »
I let FSX reposition my 767 at startup.  It moved way forward from my position where the jetbridge was at the at my exit door not the pax door.  Once there when I activated GSX all the menu's were there.  So it had to be some function with the AFCAD. 

Yes, that means the AFCAD position is wrong for the jetway, you have to move the AFCAD parking center in the proper position, otherwise GSX would think you are not parked.

Daveo

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 10:20:50 am »
I noticed if you have the empty scenery cache on exit box ticked in the scenery library settings GSX will not rebuild the airport cache everytime you change a bgl or traffic bgl file. With the box unticked it rebuilds after every change.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 02:31:02 pm »
Which is what you would expect.  GSX doesn't see that it is empty, only that it hasn't changed because it's always empty.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock