Author Topic: Problems over problems  (Read 5862 times)

corsairvc3

Problems over problems
« on: February 11, 2012, 02:34:03 am »
Hello from Germany,

I tried the GSX demo some days at Hawaii and Munich and now decided to buy this outstanding addon.
But now I did it I suffer many problems. Here`s the full story:

Everything went fine when I made a flight tonight from SPIM Lima (LVFR) to SPZO Cuzco (Aerosoft). After I landed I wanted to request the Follow Me as I used to do several times before during the DEMO. But suddenly everything stopped and a pop up told me I have to download and install the new standalone addonmanager again. I was wondering about that because before I came in for landing in Cuzco all features worked fine at the other airports I tried like MGGT, SLLP, EDDS, ELLX an so on.

Okay I downloaded the manager, ran the installer and - bang - no more GSX services arround the (FSX-)globe and even the cuatl-entree in the Addon-Menu within FSX was gone. The second thing I saw was that all the buildings of my FSDT-Airports were gone. I read in the forums that I have to reinstall GSX at first and right after install the manager again. I shot down my antivirus program and reinstalled the two addons again but nothing changed. No GSX and no buildings anymore although I tried it several times.

Now I am really disappointed and have to state that this procedure is the most complicated one I know compared with all the other companies who create addons for MSFS. Ever thought about changing something here???

I will nor say anything against the quality of FSDT because you`re truly one of the best! But I have no idea what to do now. Nothing works...  :'(

So please can someone help me out here? Do I have to delete and then reinstall all of FSDT now?

Bests,
Immanuel

PS.: Please excuse my English. It`s very late here. I am f... tired ( ;D ) and btw it`s long time ago I learned it in school...  ;)

EDIT: I forgot to say that the Addon Manager is still telling me that GSX is instgalled and activated. But as I wrote before all the entrees regarding GSX disappeared from the drop down menu in FSX.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:44:56 am by corsairvc3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems over problems
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:08:25 pm »
Okay I downloaded the manager, ran the installer and - bang - no more GSX services arround the (FSX-)globe and even the cuatl-entree in the Addon-Menu within FSX was gone. The second thing I saw was that all the buildings of my FSDT-Airports were gone. I read in the forums that I have to reinstall GSX at first and right after install the manager again. I shot down my antivirus program and reinstalled the two addons again but nothing changed. No GSX and no buildings anymore although I tried it several times.

First, try this AFTER A WINDOWS REBOOT:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

corsairvc3

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:34:47 pm »
Hey Umberto,

thank you very much. I`ll try that and will give you a feedback if everything is well again.

Bests,
Immanuel

corsairvc3

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:10:13 pm »
Okay tried it. I have the addon manager back in nthe drop down menu but still NO "Couatl powered products".
If I go to GSX the manager says "Product installed and active"  :(  :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 02:36:56 pm »
Okay tried it. I have the addon manager back in nthe drop down menu but still NO "Couatl powered products".

Try a Windows reboot.

corsairvc3

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 02:58:41 pm »
No, it did not help. Okay, because my SSD is too small for FSX and all of my addons now I bought a much bigger but a little bit slower velociraptor drive. So a have to reinstall the whole FSX thing within the next two weeks anyway. Will install the FSDT product at last so we will see if anything works if I done it from scratch again.

Thank you for your help,
Immanuel

hero93

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 03:27:36 pm »
Virtuali, when will you finally provide us a stable Couatl or an alternative DRM... ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 04:31:49 pm »
Virtuali, when will you finally provide us a stable Couatl or an alternative DRM... ::)

Your mistake is to assume that Couatl is need for DRM, while in fact it's the interpreter for the language the whole GSX program is written in, and it's what allows GSX not to take any performance hit even when its doing any kind of calculations, because it runs outside FSX.

Couatl would be required even if we didn't use any protection at all, and it would be affected by errors in your systems like system libraries missing and faulty antivirus just the same, and it would not work if Simconnect is broken in your system just the same, and it would not work if you not trust it or your Windows trust system doens't work just the same, and it will not work if other addons corrupts your XML files just the same.

So no, Couatl will stay, and will continue helping you fixing your PCs, because those fixes would be needed any way, if you run with a missing system library for example, the problem will manifest with other software sooner or later.