Author Topic: New to GSX.. 1 hour ago  (Read 7795 times)

prdant

New to GSX.. 1 hour ago
« on: February 10, 2012, 04:02:43 pm »
Hi as a very new user I am going through the guide and it says that to request services to use ctrl+F12. This not working for me and I do not see anything at the airport other than default ground activity.
Thanks

pete_auau

Re: New to GSX.. 1 hour ago
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 04:11:20 pm »
you havnt  got  the  ctl + f12  assigned  to another  programane  by any  chance,  and  have  you got the  addon  manager  and  coulti   showing  in your  menu?

prdant

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 04:16:27 pm »
The addon shows but no coulti, I did not see any errors when loading coilti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 04:21:30 pm »
 DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

prdant

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 05:24:07 pm »
Sorry for the delay, I am working from home. I completed all steps as described and I still do not have coulti.

I am running I5 2500 windows 7 64 bit if that matters

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 05:36:30 pm »
Do all the steps again, particular this:

Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

Then reinstall as explained above.

At the next FSX restart, note if you are asked permission to run the Addon Manager AND the Couatl Engine. Note if you are being asked permission to run BOTH, not just one of them.

prdant

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 05:39:49 pm »
Thanks will do, but I did get those at startup and answered yes to both. Stand by.. I appreciate your patience wih me.

Selkan

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 06:02:42 pm »
Sorry if this is obvious, but if you are using the trial program, are you at one of the four airports where you can test GSX?

prdant

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 06:04:40 pm »
Sorry sir, this time after uninstalling I even went into regedit and removed anything that was left over. Reinstalled and did answer yes to both questions. Re-registered and activated. Changed to a default FSX 737 and still no coulti.
Thanks

prdant

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 06:06:44 pm »
No sir I am at KDEN FSX airpport, I was under the impression that GSX that was registered would work at all airports. Is this incorrect?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 07:08:08 pm »
You can try the Simconnect diagnostic, to see if it starts or not:

Open Notepad, and copy the following text:

[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic messages: the FIRST 10 lines or so are important: you should try to note what they are saying. If the text scrolls too fast, use the Pause key on the keyboard.

William

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 07:25:20 pm »
I had this problem - did all the usual things so altered the combination to CTRL+Backspace. Works flawlessly now. Excellent program - really love it and my grandson is beside himself with excitement - but he is only 5 so hasn't tried beer yet.  :D

prdant

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 07:53:44 pm »
It is hard to catch becaue the first lines deal with PMDG. But aftr several tries I did manage to get
0.28917 Exe Launch Failed: GetLastError=0x000000D8 Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couat1.exe" CommandLine=""
1.47103 DLL Loaded: Path="bglmanx.dll" Version=2.9.0.1"

Hope this points to something

prdant

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 08:00:54 pm »
I had this problem - did all the usual things so altered the combination to CTRL+Backspace. Works flawlessly now. Excellent program - really love it and my grandson is beside himself with excitement - but he is only 5 so hasn't tried beer yet.  :D

Thanks William, since I am so new I am not sure what you mean CTRL+Backspace

prdant

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 04:30:52 am »
Thank you all of your help Umberto. At the prompting of another GSX user I found that I had to load the stand alone loader. Now everything seems to work. I just catered, fueled, boarded and loaded a Jet Blue PMDG 737 at YSSY. Tomorrow I will try a landing somewhere. My initial impressions are WOW!!!! well worth th $40. I will watch for updates and will try some of the airports.