Author Topic: Southwest gate assignments.  (Read 4276 times)

westoverfd17

Southwest gate assignments.
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:11:15 pm »
I have yet to find any Southwest labeled air stairs at LAX, short of going to every gate, do they have a/s designed for them or do they always use United or American?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Southwest gate assignments.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 12:42:04 pm »
Right now Southwest vehicles have a generic K assignment, so it will get less score at KLAX, which is referenced with other handlers with 4 letters, but it's quite easy to change this, just add KLAX to the couatl.icaoprefixes in all GSX Simobjects sim.cfg files.

I suggest downloading the Paint Kit, the documentation explains in detail how vehicle assignment works.

pilot3033

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 07:04:58 pm »
Right now Southwest vehicles have a generic K assignment, so it will get less score at KLAX, which is referenced with other handlers with 4 letters, but it's quite easy to change this, just add KLAX to the couatl.icaoprefixes in all GSX Simobjects sim.cfg files.

I suggest downloading the Paint Kit, the documentation explains in detail how vehicle assignment works.

Not to bump a terribly old thread, but I checked Terminal 1 at LAX and SWA is in the parking code with USAir, but I never get assigned SWA themed GSX objects. My understanding was that it would look at the parking code in the AFCAD, and if there was no match use one of the weighted options.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 10:49:51 am »
Not to bump a terribly old thread, but I checked Terminal 1 at LAX and SWA is in the parking code with USAir, but I never get assigned SWA themed GSX objects.

That's exactly confirms my previous answer of 2012. Since SWA has a generic "K" assignment, it will score 1, so it will always lose against UA, AA and ASA, that scores 4.

My understanding was that it would look at the parking code in the AFCAD, and if there was no match use one of the weighted options.

It works exactly the opposite. First the score is checked and then the parking score in the AFCAD is used. This is obviously correct because, if the AFCAD parking code had a precedence, you would end up in entirely unrealistic assignments for all those foreign companies that do code-sharing around the world so, for example, you will see Lufthansa at JFK JUST because they might have a parking assignment to park at UA stands. So, the airport general assignment must come first, and then the code of the parking.

pilot3033

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 06:58:32 pm »
To manually adjust the assignments, is there a single config file or must it be done for every vehicle's own config file?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:00:40 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 07:03:07 pm »
To manually adjust the assignments, is there a single config file or must it be done for every vehicle's own config file?

It must be done individually, but if you have a text editor that allows search & replace in multiple files, it can be done automatically. The free Notepad++ editor has such feature:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-find-and-replace-words-in-multiple-files/