Author Topic: Future Possible Enhancements?  (Read 26532 times)

Paul Humphries

• FSOpen
Future Possible Enhancements?
« on: February 06, 2012, 11:19:01 pm »
I have already commented on how good GSX is. (AES R.I.P)

Possible suggestions to the developers and meant with the greatest of respect.
1.   For larger aircraft like the 747 is possible to have more buses / baggage units turn up (come and go) to represent larger numbers of passengers?
2.   AES has de-icing units could this be added at some point?

Will possibly think of more this as time goes by, but thanks for reading in advance anyhow.

Paul.
 :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Future Possible Enhancements?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 11:48:16 pm »
Yes, both suggestions have been discussed already, and we'll surely appear in an updgrade. We already had de-icers in sceneries (es. Zurich, in Winter only), we just need to remodel them to look better for GSX.

Paul Humphries

• FSOpen
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:19:17 am »
Fantastic!!
 ;D

hendopow

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 09:29:33 am »
I loved the AES de-icing function though it seems it will look better with GSX. I was wondering if somehow a certain airport could be edited so that you could only be de-iced at the allocated spots they have?

ofentress

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 04:22:16 pm »
Take a look at the deicing arrangements the developer has for his Simaddon airports. Very sophisticated. Depending on the situation, one can have multiple units working on the same aircraft.  Really looks good.

Jack F.

SUBS17

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 12:42:26 am »
How about a military version for military air bases and even a carrier version with hand signals etc. 8)
BTW ref vehicles for baggage should base it on aircrafts capacity and realistic load/unload times. ;D

Andy120Y

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 05:40:22 am »
Hi there,

Figured I'd add to this thread rather than starting a new one.  Here are a few things I would like to see:

1. Container loaders for larger aircraft?  It'd be much more realistic than hooking up a small belt loader in front of those large doors on some of the bigger heavies.
2. So far, I've noticed that the belt loaders only go to the rear baggage compartments of the various aircraft I've tried with GSX.  For aircraft like the 737, A319/320, and larger, most ground crews would field an extra loader of some sort to make turns and departures go by quicker.
3. De-ice trucks of course.  Ideally, with real-world driving patterns for gate sprays that are associated to a particular truck type.  
4. The pushback procedure seems to prompt me, the user, to select a direction and push right away before the towbar and tractor are hooked up.  It would be really nice to have the towbar and tractor hooked up, and then a separate command to initiate the pushback.  This would make the procedure seem a little more realistic.
5. Wands for the wing walker (most airlines and contractors I know of require wands for these guys).  At the very least, it would be nice if the wing walker can pull such wands out during the final marshal.
6. Wing walkers for arrival (having the eyes of the marshaller is great, but most companies have extra people watching the wings as well when a plane comes into an equipment dense gate)
7. Not sure if this would be too complex, but most ground handling companies and airlines also have wing walkers (two of them) stand and walk near the wings of the aircraft to make sure the wings won't bang into anything.  It'd be nice to see something similar.  
8. Make the baggage inside the baggage carts appear more laying flat or stacked.  

That's it for now.  Some of these suggestions come from personal experience working on the ramp of a busy airport.  I can offer a few more suggestions on de-icing and how people and equipment typically move around.  Some of which probably isn't plausible in FSX, but thought I'd throw that depending on how GSX develops further  :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:47:07 am by Andy120Y »

macky890

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 08:45:12 pm »
I agree, GSX is amazing tom me (even though I only have the demo) hower container loaders, as i am sure you have already thought about) would be the icing on the cake for me on gsx. :)

Paul Humphries

• FSOpen
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 11:22:17 pm »
Note to virtuali.

Hope this post is possibly used to help you develop what is already an outstanding FSX add-on.

It should not be taken as ungrateful so and so's LOL

I'm sure you can take on some of the suggestions and I know many you can't.

If GSX never changed you still have a very happy customer not only with the product but the after sales support too!

Salute ^^

Paul  :)

blk137

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 11:40:55 am »
gsx also needs options to just request the baggage carts instead of the passengers boarding with the people doing the baggage, i know when you in a aircraft you still see people doing bags but they started that way before people start board.

also i think when you open gsx the stairs should automatically come to the plane because without stairs being how are the pilots going to get into the plane? or atleast make an option.

also the fuel truck need more models, when i call it up for the 738 at EGNX a small shell truck comes to my plane which wouild only fill like a quarter of my plane up and in real life at east midlands they have big shell trucks like this one http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=shell+fueling+truck&hl=en&gbv=2&biw=1366&bih=673&tbm=isch&tbnid=q1-LzGfvFL5SwM:&imgrefurl=http://www.truck-photos.net/picture/number5101.asp&docid=Ml-xKxiqh_MdLM&imgurl=http://truck-photos.net.s3.amazonaws.com/5101.jpg&w=735&h=551&ei=xec4T7rqGoyb8gPR99zPAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=188&vpy=316&dur=31&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=147&ty=76&sig=117727180881177706772&page=1&tbnh=149&tbnw=199&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0

also what would be a good expansion which when i was at palma when my jet2 came in i was in the window just next to the stand and seen people with jet2 jackets on, that would be a good update.

i think you should make more people to do more operations so like say when te fuel truck arrives and starts fueling you should make it so the person gets out the truck and put the fuel pipe in the wing. but i think you should make more people do more stuff even if there just standing around it would still look good and more realistic.

also make an engineer that just walks around the plane lol.

Blake

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 11:44:23 am »
also i think when you open gsx the stairs should automatically come to the plane because without stairs being how are the pilots going to get into the plane? or atleast make an option.

This was made on purpose, in order to allow to be used together with AES to allow users having both products decide what to use at each parking, hoping that AES will be updated to do the same.

blk137

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 11:56:58 am »
would you be able to make an option in the installer to tick if we use aes or not?
Blake

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 12:01:26 pm »
would you be able to make an option in the installer to tick if we use aes or not?

It's much better this way, so you won't have to re-run the installer each time you change your mind about what you want to use.

blk137

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 12:15:17 pm »
thank, so could i have an update to whats going to be added to gsx?

Blake

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 12:50:58 pm »
There are many discussions about what will be added in the next days/weeks/monts. However, here's a short list:

- A new parking editor, with the ability to customize all vehicles starting positions and place the FSDT Docking systems on every airport, all graphically inside FSX

- An airplane editor to customized the door locations for any 3rd party airplane without having to wait for it to be supported by GSX

- De-icers and front/rear pallet loaders, and water/lavatory vehicles too.