Author Topic: Marshall  (Read 5286 times)

SlapTjip

Marshall
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:18:52 pm »
Just one question.

Once the little follow me truck took me to the gate he parks and I see no marshaller to guide me.

Is there something I must select to call him?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Marshall
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:25:07 pm »
If the airport has a docking system, you won't see a marshaller.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:26:07 pm »
Or, if it's a default airport, it could be possible the marshaller ended up inside a building.

And, if it's not a default airport, but a 3rd party airport with static jetways, this could happen more easily, because on a default airport, when there's a jetway, GSX will reduce the Marshaller distance, assuming that on gate, there will likely be less space behind, but if the airport doesn't have true jetways, GSX can't make out the difference between that and an parking spot in the open, so the Marshaller will instead placed at the best possible distance in relationship with your cockpit height so, if you used a fairly high airplane, like a 747 or a 777 or a 757, that's even more likely the problem.

We are working at an airport customization utility, that will allow to set things like parking radius, marshaller distance, if there's a fake jetway or not, etc. so you'll be able to fix most of the cases.

jzjman

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:03:41 am »
could i add a suggestion that u place the marshaller on a elevated platform like we do in HKG? doesnt have to be placed further back or forward

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:10:25 am »
Yes, this is planned. And, sometimes marshallers come in vehicles with elevated platforms too. We'll sure look into this.

pchimbolo

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 02:54:40 pm »
Interesting for me, and not sure this isn't the problem the original poster had...

I arrived at KRNO (Reno, NV) default airport and taxied to B5 (no jetway).   At first I didn't see the marshaller.   But as I approached the terminal I saw his floating head with no body.     I had no idea what he was trying to signal me to do, so I guessed -- not unlike any time we approach the terminal gates and don't have a marshaller.

This hasn't happened at other airports yet, but I will pay close attention to see if / when this happens again.

All-in-all, great product!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:59:50 pm »
Check you have the Advanced animation flag enabled.