Author Topic: Scarce AI planes  (Read 6332 times)

acra24

Scarce AI planes
« on: February 06, 2012, 04:13:18 pm »
Hello
I've been using most of FSDTs airports now and I think they are brilliant. :)  Only one minor snag, at KLAS the AI traffic seems really low, with only a few planes moving about.  The other airports are fine, it's just at KLAS.  Is this normal? My traffic slider is up to 80% and this is good for my setup normally.

Thanks

Andrew

johndrago

Re: Scarce AI planes
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 06:55:29 pm »
Hello
I've been using most of FSDTs airports now and I think they are brilliant. :)  Only one minor snag, at KLAS the AI traffic seems really low, with only a few planes moving about.  The other airports are fine, it's just at KLAS.  Is this normal? My traffic slider is up to 80% and this is good for my setup normally.

Thanks

Andrew

I'm running it with UT2, and my airport is dense with AI.  Sometimes there's a long wait for takeoff.  I'm running UT2 at 100% commercial.

- John

acra24

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:30:28 pm »
Thanks John

I should have mentioned that I'm using WOAI for FSX. I have neen considering UT2 for a while now and dithering about whether it's a good investment.  What do you think? I do like the queues and general traffic chaos at busy airports, plus WOAI doens't have that great a range of airlines.  Does UT2 deal with the FS tendency to stop planes that are a long way behind you or allowing you to crash into other planes? What about parking at correct gates? Does UT2 make use of the AFCAD well?

Regards

Andrew

johndrago

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 08:06:56 pm »
Thanks John

I should have mentioned that I'm using WOAI for FSX. I have neen considering UT2 for a while now and dithering about whether it's a good investment.  What do you think? I do like the queues and general traffic chaos at busy airports, plus WOAI doens't have that great a range of airlines.  Does UT2 deal with the FS tendency to stop planes that are a long way behind you or allowing you to crash into other planes? What about parking at correct gates? Does UT2 make use of the AFCAD well?

Regards

Andrew

I've been using UT2 for almost a year now, and I'm very impressed.  I wish I had done it sooner.  I used to use WOAI, but my airports never really got the "feel" of any form of density.  UT2 parks the correct AI at most of the correct gates.  It does deal with taxi speed issues a bit, but it's FSX's fault for the poor taxi and AI "awareness" of you.  That's something that can't be fixed by an add-on, as FSX controls the ground handling of AI (at least that's the way I understand it).  Another great feature is that if you are on final approach, and FSX (as it usually does) clears a couple other planes in front of you, you can hit a hot-key to drop them, so you are clear for landing.

UT2 is handled by simconnect, so traffic is streamed in.  It doesn't use BGL files as WOAI does.  There are inexpensive schedule updates a couple times a year, but they aren't needed unless you want to have the most up to date schedules.

Overall, it's well worth the cost, because all the airlines are there, and you don't really need to manage anything.  One of my favorite addons.

John

data63

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 09:57:35 pm »
Hi!

I also use UT2 for some time now and "I like it" - WOAI is great (and free!) but it is a real havoc on frames if you use the "complete set" to get a crowded airport. UT2 is in my opinion easier on ressources, couse in "injects" the planes and FSX is not using up time by scanning the AI-Aircraft Folders over and over to find all tha AI-Aircraft.
Only drawback you've to be aware ob is, that UT2 has not each and every airline as a repaint and so there are lot's of default repaint (Daedalus Airlines).
You can overcome this only by MANUALLY asign the proper repaints to that airlines not supportet (but that may be fun ;-))

Happy landings

Juergen

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 02:37:10 pm »
..my airport is dense with AI.  Sometimes there's a long wait for takeoff.

Just advance the simulator clock about 2 seconds, and all the AI will respawn.  You'll have a clear shot to the runway.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock