Author Topic: LAX Pushback and another suggestion  (Read 4804 times)

caffman263

LAX Pushback and another suggestion
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:48:33 am »
Hello, So far I'm really liking GSX however I've encountered a couple issues with using it. First, the marshaller at the gate seems a little too picky about speed. He keeps telling me to slow down even though I'm going less than 5kts (ground speed). If I slow down too much, I stop (longstanding issue with FSX and ground friction). Perhaps the threshold for the slow down signal could be more like 8-10 kts?

Second, of the gates I've tested GSX at at LAX there are a couple that have shown issues. The biggest one is 49A, there after pushing back and selecting "face East" the tug pushes straight back, turns left and makes a 360 around the nosewheel, under the plane and winds up resetting to turn right.

Once it's done, instead of on C facing East, it puts me like this:

It's done this with both the small tug, as well as the towbar free tug. I've tested multiple aircraft, all with the same result. The other issues are with gates 1 and 2. For gate 1, is there a way to have the aircraft turned around in the alley facing out instead of pushing all the way out on to D? And at Gate 2, it just pushes back and turns into a terminal 2 gate instead of pulling forward facing out of the alley.

caffman263

Re: LAX Pushback and another suggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:06:02 am »
Actually come to think of it, from that position it may be better to have the pushback wind up in the alley between T4 and the Bradley International Terminal. Just a thought.. Any thoughts on the spinning tug issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:18:34 am »
We'll have a look on the spinning problem at 49A, should be a glitch in the general algorithm. For Gate 1, we can add an option to choose between a long push on the taxiway D, or a short push into Gate 3, of course you should check if it's available. Will try to add both fixes into the next Live Update.

caffman263

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 01:46:27 am »
We'll have a look on the spinning problem at 49A, should be a glitch in the general algorithm. For Gate 1, we can add an option to choose between a long push on the taxiway D, or a short push into Gate 3, of course you should check if it's available. Will try to add both fixes into the next Live Update.

Can GSX do push and pull pushbacks? Such as, push the tail towards the wall, turn 90 degrees then stop and pull while turning 90 degrees again so it faces out the alley? For that I believe the push would start out by pushing the tail towards gate 3 slightly then turning hard to the right (tug driver's right)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:16:51 am »
Can GSX do push and pull pushbacks?

Not right now.