Author Topic: Dallas and GSX  (Read 14089 times)

pablo636

Dallas and GSX
« on: February 06, 2012, 12:54:49 pm »
Hello Umberto!
I found that after I installed GSX, knowing that the dallas parking system is went, and replaced by gsx one.
But it seems to not work for me..after assigned a gate, once I arrived to park there, I don't have any indication, no marshallers, no parking aid and no parking evaluation at the end?
Is this issue resulting to you?
thanks
Paolo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dallas and GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:23:21 pm »
Being assigned by the ATC is not enough to activate GSX (like it wasn't enough to activate the previous ParkMe system), you need to select the parking in the GSX menu, as soon as you have one assigned by the ATC.

pablo636

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 10:49:52 pm »
of course...with assigned parking I intended that, I select the gate by the gsx menù, but when I align with the gate I can't see any aid!
I use Radar contact...and it don't assign parkings or gates.
Thanks
Paolo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:01:36 pm »
I can't reproduce it here, have you installed KDFW and GSX *after* it ?

pablo636

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 11:24:26 pm »
Yes, I have installed both after, but I mentioned that,(RC) ,only to describe the situation, that once landed @ KDFW, and the follow me car brought me to the gate(that I selected before, by the gsx menù), I can't have a parking aid, before gsx I had it because...once parked I had the evaluation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 11:46:43 pm »

pablo636

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 12:56:17 am »
mmmhhh...I've searched trough the fsuipc4.ini file...but it seems to don't have the line of AES(of course...I don't have AES)
Now, I'll try to delete and let fsx recreate the fsx.cfg file...and we see if the problem is solved!
I'll try tomorrow and let you know!
Thanks Umberto!

pablo636

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 06:49:32 pm »
Checked today(sorry for the long time response) and after the new update, still no parking aid...anyway I've received the evaluation...that is "very bad parking", of course:)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 10:06:22 pm »
I can only confirm KDFW docking systems show up just fine. The only possible explanation, is that you renamed its AFCAD, or have another AFCAD for KDFW on a higher level that is conflicting.

An easy way to check this, is to go to a parking and select the new Customize Parking feature. It should say which AFCAD it's in use. Check it's the one from FSDT, named AP_KDFW.BGL in the fsdreamteam\KDFW\scenery folder.

pablo636

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 10:45:49 pm »
in my KDFW scenery folder I have two afcad files, one is named AP_KDFW.bgl
And the other one I suppose is a backup afcad file named AP_KDFW.BGL.01-02-2012 15-52-07.BAK
I didn't install no afcad files...only the fsdt scenery that come up with the installation file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 11:21:07 pm »
Even if you haven't installed any AFCAD, you might still get a conflict, if you have products like My Traffic. And, just to be sure, have you checked a gate that is supposed to have a docking system to begin with ?

KDFW has the AGN docking system, which is NOT electronic, it's a static panel that works using an optical parallax effect, they are on terminal B and E, try terminal A, C or D, which has the more advanced system.

pablo636

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 11:08:29 am »
ooohh, Umberto, maybe we found the problem!:)
So in gates B and E there is this AGN docking system, I've read the manual, but maybe I haven't read it very well! Is there an explanation on how they works?
So, when I went to park I had to follow this visual system, and no marshallers waiting me at the gate
And one last question, maybe we are OT, but Does the gsx's parking editor, works only at the departure airport? because when I arrived at KDFW, I didn't have the option in the gsx menù.

pablo636

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 11:20:19 am »
Umberto, Never mind, forgot my question about gsx's parking editor, I've solved reading the 1.1's manual!:)

pablo636

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 04:55:52 pm »
Umberto, I've checked on gsx menù, but I don't have the line "6" at KDFW...Reading the gsx's manual, says that in fsdt sceneries, the parking editor is not avaiable, so, I think that the Afcad in use is correct!

D_mitris

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 09:11:17 pm »
Are there any plans in the future to add a marshaller to the gates that don't have an electronic parking system?  It would be nice since there is no other indication other than the visual post.   I believe it is concourse B and E.

I also wanted to add that since the latest update I wasn't able to complete deboarding at KDFW gate E-13.   I selected deboard and all went according to plan until the last baggage cart left.   The message said complete but would not let me select catering or any other menu since it was hanging on the deboarding.   Both the front and rear conveyor vehicle drivers were idle.   The is all with the small update after GSX 1.3.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:18:47 pm by D_mitris »