Author Topic: Problem with SP2  (Read 9153 times)

normandean

Problem with SP2
« on: October 29, 2007, 04:20:43 pm »
I have just installed the trial version and find that with SP2 installed no PAI or UT traffic shows at the airport. All the traffic is there, it is annotated in TrafficTool explorer, but it does not show visually. When aircraft take off you can tell they are doing so because you can see the lights and flags.

Norman

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: Problem with SP2
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 04:47:33 pm »
Hi,

The old legacy aircraft present on PAI or UT parked over a custom ground poly (same Zurich on FSX SP2) have a problem of visualization, the problem is the same for all scenery with custom ground poly and invisible runway for lighting system. Default FSX traffic have no problem, The problem of Zurich is present on the new (and beatiful) Heatrow FSX from Aerosoft (http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=78643#78643) The unique solution is the use of NATIVE fsx aircraft. Please post the bug on UT traffic support.

Alessandro.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 04:59:20 pm by Alessandro »

normandean

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 06:13:03 pm »
Hi Alessandro, I have already posted with UT. They are not much help!!

Norman

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 07:02:04 pm »
A temporary solution is to loose the light on runway, try to rename the file LSZH_sca.bgl to LSZH_sca.bak on Zurich.

fbass

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 11:54:54 pm »
Thanks Alessandro.  The solution worked.  I now have all my traffic back.  Now if we can just get Heathrow done so that its traffic works we'll have a start.

BTW - This solution also works under Acceleration.

Frank

normandean

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 04:16:39 pm »
I am afraid i have not had the same success. With this amendment I still do not have ai aircraft visible at Zurich. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling the scenery, just i case I have a bad install, but to no avail. Maybe it is because I have Vista 64?

Norman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 05:18:29 pm »
The "real" solution would be convincing AI modelers to create native FSX models.

The issue only happens with 3rd party FS9 AI models imported in FSX, and only when the airport is using FS9-styled ground polygons with runways lights on top of it. For unknown reasons, this technique that worked in FSX SP1, creates problems with AI traffic in SP2, but *only* if the AI models are of the FS9 type. Right now, we don't have a solution to fix this from our side, it's simply look like some part of FS9 backward compatibility that has been lost from SP1 to SP2.

A workaround is to delete the file that creates runways lights but, of course, even if this would work, it's not an ideal solution, because it would force losing runway lights. That's why the correct way to solve this, would be using native FSX models as AI. Zurich (and Aerosoft Heathrow that has the same issue) works fine with FSX standard AI traffic, because the models are FSX native.

I also think that using fps friendly AI models compiled for FSX, would increase performances as well, both comparing to MS default AI traffic, and to old FS9 models imported in FSX.

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 06:14:59 pm »
I am afraid i have not had the same success. With this amendment I still do not have ai aircraft visible at Zurich. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling the scenery, just i case I have a bad install, but to no avail. Maybe it is because I have Vista 64?

Norman

Hi Norman,

the trick for the light is indipendent from SO, this is very strange, try to visualize your traffic with zurich disabled on scenery library, to test if your problem is only Zurich.

Regards.

normandean

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 09:39:57 am »
Hi Alessandro,

I have tried this already, and there is not a problem with default airports. As you say it is confined to airports that use ground polygons and/or FS9 code. I get exactly the same problem at Heathrow, and at the UK2000 Xtreme airports. However, in the latter case, if the buildings and lighting are removed, but the AFD files left in situ then the ai aircraft return, but removing the buildings with Zurich does not have this effect. With Zurich, however, although the buildings are removed, the anti piracy measures are still in place, so that may be a factor; i.e. the sim still reacts as though the whole scenery is still there. Totally un-ticking the scenery's in the scenery library does restore the ai traffic to all the airports. The only recently produced add-on airport where I do not have a problem is Vancouver Plus.

Norman

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 10:05:29 am »
The solution, posted above, work right for Frank and on my test PC, the problem is on invisible runway created for light visibility, this tecnique is the unique possibility to have on fsx custom ground texture and light aids like FS9. On sp2 there is a regression on compatibilty of old code for airplane mdl combined with invisible runway. On FSX at moment (and i suppose for all the life FSX) to have ground custom texture there is no other choise or possibility, the problem, from scenery developer view, is not resolved without loose the custom ground runways, and return to afcad standard style like Vancouver +. The unique actors able to resolve the problem are the developers of custom AI airplanes, at moment all product of custom AI airplanes for FSX have Aicraft compiled for fs2004 sold for FSX products.

Regards.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:14:16 am by Alessandro »