Author Topic: Lost all buildings after GSX install.  (Read 6524 times)

westoverfd17

Lost all buildings after GSX install.
« on: February 05, 2012, 06:34:51 pm »
Hello, I have all the FSDT Airports, after installing GSX I have lost everything. I have done everything that you have suggested and still nothing. I am running Panda Antivirus on a Vista 64 bit pc. My antivirus keeps putting cou. in quarantine. I get all the questions and answer yes to all when starting FSX, then cou. engine is removed and put into quarantine even though I have excluded it from scan it does it anyway. Cant get a/v to leave it alone since GSX has been installed and removed and replaced several times.  Any suggestions?  Ken       Be gentle new to FSX and PC stuff! lol

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lost all buildings after GSX install.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:42:25 pm »
then couatl. engine is removed and put into quarantine even though I have excluded it from scan it does it anyway.

Then this it's really a support question for your antivirus: "why when I exclude a file from scanning, my antivirus keep quarantine it ?"

Note that, exclude files from scanning is not enough, we always added that, on top of excluding those files from scanning, you ALSO have to turn off the antivirus entirely when downloading and installing, otherwise excluding files wouldn't help much, since the exclusion is only valid for the FSX folder but, before they can get there, they are first uncompressed by the installer in the Windows temporary folder and that one is not excluded, and I strongly suggest NOT to exclude the Windows folder from scanning anyway.

westoverfd17

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 06:46:01 pm »
I have shut off a/v to see what happens and it say windows has blocked couatl.exe a valid digital signature that verifies it's publisher.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 06:46:46 pm »
I have shut off a/v to see what happens and it say windows has blocked couatl.exe a valid digital signature that verifies it's publisher.

Please type *exactly* what it says, that doesn't seem the exact message.

westoverfd17

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 06:53:31 pm »
That is really about what is says, Microsoft Flight Simulator Security Warning  Windows found a problem with this file

Name: couatl.exe

Publisher: Unknown Publisher

File was blocked because it does not have a valid digital signature that verifies it's publisher.

That is what the pop-up says that comes up before FSX starts. '

This is going on with the anti-virus off

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 06:55:23 pm »
Publisher: Unknown Publisher

File was blocked because it does not have a valid digital signature that verifies it's publisher.

This means your antivirus has already damaged it, probably trying to "heal" it. It will never work in such state. Reinstall everything from start, always with the antivirus disabled.

westoverfd17

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 06:59:59 pm »
That's what I did n the install, had everything set up just the way you said in ther posts, can I run it with the a/v off all the time or not installed will that help? Only use that comp for FSX,  Also what are the best values to get the extended baggage loading and unloading tried other recommendations in directions and still does three cars and then finished while the passengers are still unloading. thanks for being patient, like I said, very new to this! lol

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 07:03:32 pm »
I would remove the whole antivirus if I were you, and installed the free Microsoft Security Essentials, which is free, always updated, easy to use and doesn't even require to exclude anything with our products.

westoverfd17

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 07:09:19 pm »
So uninstall fsx and start from scratch seeing how it is damaged, will this "heal" the files in FSX to allow it to run? should I use the Stand alone or just normal seeing how I am not going to be using a/v. After a/v uninstalled? Also did you see my question about the baggage carts from my last post? anny help would be appreciated on "realistic settings" Thanks again for your patience! Your customer service is clearly carried through in your projects!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 07:13:27 pm »
The only way to really heal all files, is to reinstall with the antivirus off. "Healing" when made by an antivirus, means trying to remove a virus but, since there's no virus to remove in this case, the result would just be a corrupted file.

There's no really a best setting for timings, it's really dependent from your preference and usage habits. And, you will never be able to synchronize passengers and baggage loading, because deboarding time for passengers is proportional to the actual number of passengers that is computed depending on the cargo loaded, so it might be different for every flight.

westoverfd17

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 07:18:08 pm »
What number do I change for the baggage loading that will increase the number of bags it loads or unloads so it does more that just the three carts behind the tractor then finishes, also haven't found any Southwest gates yet for servicing do they exist?