Author Topic: A small request from a very small segment of the user community  (Read 3127 times)

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
A small request from a very small segment of the user community
« on: February 05, 2012, 02:10:52 pm »
I have purchased and installed the GSX product, and I am pleased with the excellent work you've done. This enhances greatly the overall experience, as well as providing invaluable assistance in locating your parking at unfamiliar airports

As for my request in regards to supporting the minor segment of the user population who fly military aircraft.

Since our parking spots are usually specifically defined through the AFCAD's (I don't know of many commercial or GA operators who frequent Mil Cargo and/or Mil Combat parking areas), I would think my request wouldn't be that difficult to implement.

As our aircraft (fighter, bomber, transport) all share the commonality that we don't use portable "rolling" stairs, I'd like to see the stairs which are placed rather incongruously at our parking spot on the ramp replaced with something more applicable in normal military operations (I would think a passenger van or a maintenance truck of some sort would work well), as well as replacing the towed baggage cart with something more meaningful (a tug towing a portable generator/start cart). In the military arena, it would also be convenient if the service vehicles were military as well, instead of the "normal" civilian livery and uniforms (most of our equipment on the ramp is either yellow, white, or dark blue, depending on branch of service)

As an additional observation, I noted the checkerboard carryall that provided follow me service was a UK driven vehicle (right side steering). I don't know if that's terribly important, but I think most of the world outside the UK is left hand drive.

Anyway, I'm not trying to throw a rock at what is a really great addon. Just offering some thoughts from another segment of the user community.

Anyway

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A small request from a very small segment of the user community
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 03:45:57 pm »
As an additional observation, I noted the checkerboard carryall that provided follow me service was a UK driven vehicle (right side steering). I don't know if that's terribly important, but I think most of the world outside the UK is left hand drive.

It's a Toyota, just pretend it has been imported from Japan (right side steering too)... :)

In any case, yes, we believe that adding military-themed ground objects to appear at military parking spots, could a nice addition.