Author Topic: problem with follow me car  (Read 6843 times)

spinker

problem with follow me car
« on: February 04, 2012, 09:32:35 pm »
Hi,

I am having numerous problems with GSX program.

At any rate I would like to detail 1 problem at a time. Doing them all will be too confusing.

After choosing one of the 3 choices for test airports. calling up parking location and then requesting follow me.

Below is the error message that I get when I call for the car. I have re-installed v 2.9.0.1 twice. I still get the same error message and no follow me car.

The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting  Engine to restart. Details can be found in C:/Users/larry/appdata/roaming/virtuiali/couatl.err
Please download and install the latest stamd-alone addon manager from
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager

This is the error log message.

couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
panic log started on Sat Feb 04 14:37:37 2012
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 122, in show
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 108, in perform
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 452, in prepareGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 740, in setGate
  File "couatl\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 38, in materialize
  File "couatl\common\train.py", line 31, in __init__
  File "couatl\common\modelCustomization.py", line 309, in getModelForCouatlType
common.modelCustomization.NoModelInstalled: No model of type BaggageTractor is currently installed.

Please help, this seems to be a very interesting program I would really like to get it running.

Larry

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: problem with follow me car
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:15:56 pm »
Please download and install the latest stamd-alone addon manager...

Did you?   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:37:43 pm »
From the error log, it seems that you don't even have installed GSX *itself*, or maybe you installed it, uninstalled it, installed a scenery, installed the Addon Manager, and forgot to reinstall GSX.

The error is saying that a vehicles that is part of GSX, is missing so, either you manually remove it, or you don't have GSX installed right now.

If you are sure GSX is installed, another reason for this error is, another addon (traffic-related, most likely) that has added/changed the SimObjectPaths in your FSX.CFG, removing the path needed by GSX object so, nothing will work.

Have a look at the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG, and check all lines with SimObjectPaths in, and post its content here (if you can't fix by installing GSX)

spinker

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 05:30:29 am »
Hello,

Reinstall GSX corrected the follow me car problem.

Thank you,

Larry

richard welsh

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 02:45:18 pm »

Hello, I have a slight problem with the Follow Me car.  The first time I used it all was well, the second time, under same circumstances, the Car went to the tail of the aircraft instead of the front and remained static. There is probably a get around for this which I am unaware of.  All in all, this is a very good programme, in fact the best, which must improve with the passage of time. Well done. richard welsh.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 04:03:18 pm »
It would be useful if, in case it happens again, you could report which airport you were in, and possibly take note of your position, so we can check it.

richard welsh

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 04:26:25 pm »

Hello Umberto, sorry for the brevity. I was using my home airport of EGPF(Glasgow) arriving on RW05 and stopped short of the turn off to take you to Terminal building. I requested the follow me car to take me to parking area, all worked well. I did a repetition some time later but when the car arrived it was at the tail instead of the front. This is where the fault occurred. Will this suffice. richard welsh.