Author Topic: Could be a great program..But I give up  (Read 3643 times)

RayP

Could be a great program..But I give up
« on: February 04, 2012, 08:11:36 pm »
Hello All
I was very excited seeing this program!  Well the first thing it did is unvaladate my Key2mouse program, wiping out the default key mapping ( Over 70 entries..Yes a lesson learned BACKUP BACKUP) took most of yesterday afternoon reparing and reinstalling that. Anyway, I have tried all the suggestions here and FSX still crashes to the desktop at start up. I have reinstalled, with antivirus, without antivirus, removed the files from windown , FSX and Program/Data. It still messes up the key2mouse program everytime I try it...
Anyway needed to share my frustration.. Its uninstalled..I will check back in a few months and see what everybody is saying about it then..Again really could be a great program and probabale is. I am sure it's just my set up. Win 7 64, 7 monitors, 40 addon gauges, the works. Sometimes to much is not a good thing when it comes to FSX...

Thanks for listening

Ray P

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Could be a great program..But I give up
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 12:07:36 am »
It's not GSX that has "messed up" with key2mouse, the cause of this issue, and probably why your FSX crashes to desktop when you install any that comes with the Addon Manager, it's exactly the key2mouse installer.

This is something that was brought up a long time ago, key2mouse also uses the Esellerate library for its activation BUT it installs an older version of it, in the C:\Windows folder, which is correct for XP only (the version that comes with key2mouse is not Vista/Win7-aware), but is wrong for Vista/Win7, that require to use the current version, that works in the C:\ProgramData folder.

The issue is, the older version in the C:\Windows folder, takes precedence over the new version that we correctly install in the C:\ProgramData\Esellerate folder (if you run Vista or Win 7) and, even worse, our installer can't even remove it automatically, because to remove something from Windows, there's a special permission needed so, only you can do it, basically.

That's why you FSX is crashing, because the outdated .DLL which was put there by the key2mouse program, doesn't work with our products that requires the current one (which was release in *2007*), they crash when they access to it.

If you go in your C:\Windows folder, and you have an Esellerateengine.dll version 3.6.2.8 (the current one is 3.6.5.0), it's sure it has been put there by the key2mouse installer, if you just remove it, and maybe reinstall GSX, it's likely everything will work.

You will note Windows will ask an additional permission to remove it, which is why we can't do it from the installer.

RayP

Re: Could be a great program..But I give up
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 01:28:51 am »
All I can say is I wish I knew that yesterday, could have saved me a day..........THANKS!
So far so good. Its working

One quick question..Can the color of the working on the green screen be changed to white? Red is very hard to see

Again Thanks

Ray P