Author Topic: No service menus at the gate.  (Read 5257 times)

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
No service menus at the gate.
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:40:48 pm »
To test the GSX I landed at KJFK (FSDT) using the Captain Sim B 727 and pulled of the Runway hitting crtl+F12. It asks me if I want a Follow Me and after saying yes it leads me to the gate were I am marshaled in to the gate. I applied wheel jocks, set the brakes opened all cargo and service doors. Activated the Jet Way and shut down the engines. I then hit Crtl+F12 again and all I get is the hangar door section box no services request box. I know its probably something stupid but any advice is welcome. p.s. I have the paid for installation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No service menus at the gate.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:52:06 pm »
Paid or not, won't make any difference at an FSDT airport, since the program would work exactly the same even when not purchased.

What you are describing seems odd, pressing CTRL+F12 at KFJFK when not in a parking should always give you a menu with 2 options: "GSX Select parking facility", and "New York JFK Airport", which is the previous YouControl menu, to control the hangar doors.

If you press it on a parking spot with Parking Brakes on and engines off, you should see "GSX - Activate ground services" and again "New York JFK Airport". If you see just the hangar opening menu, without going from the previous choice, it's because you haven't set the Parking Brake but, a red warning + a sound will tell you this quite clearly.

D_mitris

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 10:54:59 pm »
Try  Control - Shift - U 

I was having the same problem as you since the information in the pdf isn't correct.  Control - F12 doesn't work but the above does.

You will then see a menu that will give you the option for pre board, catering etc.

Hope that helps!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 11:29:33 pm »
I was having the same problem as you since the information in the pdf isn't correct.  Control - F12 doesn't work but the above does.

What information in the .pdf isn't correct ? The CTRL+F12 IS the default key but, if you redefined, it will obviously not match the manual anymore, which of course clearly says the key can be redefined.

Since this key is there since JFK has been released, in 2008, as an hotkey for the YouControl feature, you might have redefined it a while ago and forget about it, but it was still in your %APPDATA%\vituali\keymappings.ini, and GSX doesn't change it.

D_mitris

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 04:34:12 am »
Perhaps I redefined it without knowing.   In any case anyone having this issue should look in their key mappings to see what they have for "You Control".
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:51:29 am by D_mitris »

Paulg

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 09:35:00 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Purchased Geneva last night & I too am having a similar problem.
Selection sequence,

1) Select parking facility (No 2 Gate)
2) All Gate Positions (1/4)
3) Gate 1 with APIS
4) Request follow me (Yes)

After following vehicle onto stand,engines shut down,brakes applied,
the only menu option I have is,

1) Select parking facility
2) Geneva Cointrin International Airport

Other stands I have tried, appear to work properly.

Hope you can help.

Thank you,
Paul.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 10:59:27 pm »
It's a bug in the Geneva AFCAD, the Gate 1 parking position is wrong. Use the attached AFCAD instead (put into the FSX\fsdreamteam\LSGG\scenery folder), we'll put it on the Live update too.

Paulg

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 12:43:49 am »
Thanks for that Umberto & I
appreciate your  quick reply. ;)

Paul.