Author Topic: I am having many issues, sadly.  (Read 11871 times)

donaldd

I am having many issues, sadly.
« on: February 04, 2012, 07:35:50 pm »
It seem's like a great product but I am having many issues. After FSX is started and you are at an FSDT airport, you pres CTRL+F12 to open up the menu. At ORD, FLL and such I have the options to select a gate and all the features. When I am at JFK, the menu does not come up. All that comes up is the option to open up JFK cargo and airline service hanger door's and the other option is to go to the 3 trail airports. For the FSDT airports that do work, I went to the gate with my Project Airbus A320 and started having the aircraft serviced. I noticed once the baggage carts (that one that has the moving track to bring the bags down from the airplane) come up to the plane, they don't move, they just stay there and don't adjust to "attach" to the airplane. One more thing I noticed is that the jetway does not come to the plane when you select to de-board the pax. With AES, the jetway automatically comes to the aircraft. Since 90% of the time I only use the Project Airbus A320, I havent be able to experience the GSX experience :( Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: I am having many issues, sadly.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:52:46 pm »
If you check the list of supported aircraft, you'll notice that Project Airbus is not on it.  GSX now looks for an intelliscene file, and if that isn't found, it uses the information about exits defined in the aircraft.cfg.  As for the jetways, this isn't AES, you need to call them yourself.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

donaldd

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:10:42 pm »
If you check the list of supported aircraft, you'll notice that Project Airbus is not on it.  GSX now looks for an intelliscene file, and if that isn't found, it uses the information about exits defined in the aircraft.cfg.  As for the jetways, this isn't AES, you need to call them yourself.

There is no reason for me to contact AES. This has nothing to do with them. All I said was that with AES the jetway comes to the aircraft but with GSX it does not.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 08:28:05 pm »
There is no reason for me to contact AES. This has nothing to do with them. All I said was that with AES the jetway comes to the aircraft but with GSX it does not.

Where did I say anything about contacting AES?  What I said was GSX does not call the jetway for you, you have to do it yourself.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

donaldd

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 08:34:22 pm »
As for the jetways, this isn't AES, you need to call them yourself.

You made it sound like and I implied that you actually meant to contact AES. Now I understand you meant calling the jetway to the aircraft.

What I said was GSX does not call the jetway for you, you have to do it yourself.

So you mean pressing CRTL+J to call the jetway?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 10:09:18 pm »
So you mean pressing CRTL+J to call the jetway?

Correct.  And don't forget to retract it (same way) before you push, as GSX has no interaction with jetways.  You'll get a reminder in the green bar, but thats all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 10:13:49 pm »
Has anyone a link where I can download a whole Project Airbus airplane with just 1 livery, without having to meddle with infinite panels, models, flight models, liveries ?

The same for the Project Open sky airplanes, went to their site, there are hundreds of different files, separated by panels, models, etc.

Is there something like a basic package that contains a whole flyable airplane ??

donaldd

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 11:51:31 pm »
Has anyone a link where I can download a whole Project Airbus airplane with just 1 livery, without having to meddle with infinite panels, models, flight models, liveries ?

The same for the Project Open sky airplanes, went to their site, there are hundreds of different files, separated by panels, models, etc.

Is there something like a basic package that contains a whole flyable airplane ??

This is the official download page for Project Airbus, http://www.pairbus.com/downloads

It will link you to AVSIM, which is where all the downloads are.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 12:19:34 am »
Ok, thank you, I'll have a look at it.

donaldd

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 05:04:35 am »

Thanks. I appricate your interest in the Project Airbus A320. Project Airbus is a very popular company in the FSX community.

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 07:18:21 pm »
For project opensky, just download any one of the planes with the liveries. Go to flightsim.com, type up (for example), project opensky 747, look for any download which says "comes with model and texture" (something along those lines).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:20:17 pm by sjt375 »

donaldd

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 07:47:18 pm »

Any idea as to why the GSX menu is not active at my JFK scenery? That seem's to be the only problem left that I have not received any answers to.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 08:21:10 pm »
At FSDT airports, you should be seeing a YouControl menu with options to active either GSX, or the airport to open hangar doors.

donaldd

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 09:44:59 pm »
At FSDT airports, you should be seeing a YouControl menu with options to active either GSX, or the airport to open hangar doors.

Yes, I understand that but, at JFK the GSX option does not show up. At all my other FSDT airports, it does.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 10:11:26 pm »
Yes, I understand that but, at JFK the GSX option does not show up. At all my other FSDT airports, it does.

Have you renamed the AFCAD that comes with JFK ?