Author Topic: Can't see any coult menus or GSX windows  (Read 18448 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't see any coult menus or GSX windows
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 09:27:16 pm »
Since neither the Addon Manager nor the Couatl.exe files have being updated since GSX has been released, the only possible thing that *might* affect this, is again a problem with your audio card, because now GSX does more checks and allows to switch to a different audio device.

Do you have more than one audio card ? Try to switch to a different one using the new GSX Settings menu, and see if it makes a difference. Check also if the Audio settings panel indicates any problem with the audio device.

WebMaximus

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 09:36:10 pm »
Well...forgive me Umberto but I highly doubt this is a problem with the sound devices...all looks good looking under Device Manager and I keep my PC very clean and optimized at all times and since I after the update no longer have the Couatl menu inside FSX I can't get to the GSX settings page...
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 09:49:57 pm »
Well...forgive me Umberto but I highly doubt this is a problem with the sound devices...

We'll check this, but it's the only thing that can be possibly have an effect like that one.

all looks good looking under Device Manager and I keep my PC very clean and optimized at all times

That doesn't mean much.We had another user that installed all the latest audio drivers, everything *appeared* to looks good on the Device Manager but, turned out to be the audio drivers WERE at fault, and the problem was fixed by uninstalling the "latest drivers" and restoring the one the comes with Windows because, apparently, the latest drivers suggested for his mainboard, didn't support OpenAL, which GSX needs to work.

And yes, he too didn't had the Couatl menu anymore.

and since I after the update no longer have the Couatl menu inside FSX I can't get to the GSX settings page...

Try to enable logging, open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Launch FSX, go to any airport, when it finished loading, exit from FSX, check if you have a Couatl.log file in the fsdreamteam\Couatl folder, and post its content here. Be sure Couatl.exe process isn't already running. If it is, terminate it with the Task manager, and then start FSX.

WebMaximus

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 10:14:44 pm »
Tried what you suggested and when I went back after quitting FSX to check the logfile I have this spinning circle cursor and looking at the logfile I see it's size alternates between 0 and 1 KB with approx 1 sec between each change and when looking under the Processes tab in Task Manager I have like I said before 2 instances of couatl.exe running and I can't end them...trying to do so gives me a message saying

"The operation could not be completed. The operation is not valid for this process."

Trying to open the logfile it's all empty (when clicking on it at the moment it's 0 KB) and when clicking on it when it's 1 KB it says

"couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
log started on Wed Feb 08 22:07:06 2012

connecting to SimConnect..."

So does this indicate it's a problem with SimConnect...? I hope not because I have a number of different programs using SimConnect since I have FSX on one PC and other addon programs on a second PC and I know from own experience how tricky it can be to have SimConnect setup so it works for all programs...
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 10:28:35 pm »
Try after a Windows reboot, to clear any previous instance that might have crashed and, for some reason you can't close it.

WebMaximus

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 10:33:11 pm »
I already tried rebooting Windows (my PC) several times and that of course gets rid of the couatl processes but as soon as I start FSX the problem is back. I don't even have to start a flight, I get the problem just by starting FSX.
Richard Åsberg

falcon999

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 11:54:07 am »
Have you installed the last update we had yesterday ? To install it, download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Just uninstalled and downloaded new versions.  Reinstalled and everything seems to be working now.  I didn't have to install the stand alone manager.  The log file is showing significantly more information now.

Thanks again for your assistance!
George
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:56:32 am by falcon999 »