Author Topic: Can't see any coult menus or GSX windows  (Read 18332 times)

falcon999

Can't see any coult menus or GSX windows
« on: February 04, 2012, 06:40:36 pm »
I have purchased the product and addon manager says GSX is activated.  I am using the stand alone addon manager.  Install went fine.  Sitting at KORD I have both the Couatl powered... and addon manager selections in the fsx addon menu.  I have added the suggested exclusions in my virus program.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times and rebooted three times.  This is happening with default fsx and addon aircraft.  

When I try to bring up any of the Couatl menu options in addon menu, I don't see any Couatl menus.  Live update, restart and keymapping menus don't appear when selected. When I press ctr-f12 nothing happens.  Checked keyboard mapping in KeyMapping.ini (youcontrol=Ctrl+F12) and it seems correct.

How do I turn on Couatl logging?

Thanks in advance for the assistance,
George
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:44:44 pm by falcon999 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't see any coult menus or GSX windows
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:50:56 pm »
So, you mean you HAVE the Couatl menu, but its options don't do anything ?

open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Launch FSX, go to any FSDT airport, when it finished loading, exit from FSX, check if you have a Couatl.log file in the fsdreamteam\Couatl folder, and post its content here.

If you don't have the file, either be sure you followed this to the letter, or try running FSX As Administrator.

falcon999

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:27:21 pm »
So, you mean you HAVE the Couatl menu, but its options don't do anything ?

If you don't have the file, either be sure you followed this to the letter, or try running FSX As Administrator.

Yes nothing happens that I can see.  Confirmed couatl.exe is running in process view of task mgr.  I have always run FSX as Admin.  Only other active addon is ezdok.

This is the log file.

couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
log started on Sat Feb 04 13:24:17 2012

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Loading addons
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
bglmanx list contains 16 AddOn(s)
Loading addon ZurichX
Addon ZurichX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon OHareX
Addon OHareX loaded
Loading addon JFK
Addon JFK not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon XPOI
Addon XPOI not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon LSGG
Addon LSGG not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KLAS
Addon KLAS not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KFLL
Addon KFLL not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon PHNL
Addon PHNL not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KDFW
Addon KDFW not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon HAWAII1
Addon HAWAII1 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon HAWAII2
Addon HAWAII2 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KLAX
Addon KLAX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Addon ParkMe has been disabled by .ini file
Loading addon GSX

Thanks again for the help,
George

kbutterfield

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 09:09:42 pm »
Same issue in other posts. At least I'm not the only one experiencing issues with the new addon manager.  Go to another FSDT airport other than O'Hare and see if your buildings are missing.

Kyle

falcon999

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 11:33:26 pm »
I am not seeing any problems with buildings.  Menus options don't work at KORD or default scenery airports.

George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 11:44:00 pm »
Same issue in other posts. At least I'm not the only one experiencing issues with the new addon manager.  Go to another FSDT airport other than O'Hare and see if your buildings are missing.

No, it's not, if the menus don't work, that doesn't necessarily mean building will not, they are entirely not related. When buildings don't work, the whole Couatl menu goes away. This is a problem we never seen reported before, really.

kbutterfield

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 12:06:38 am »
When I install GSX and the new addon manager my buildings disappear and I still have both menus in FSX but the 3 options under the Coautl powered products do nothing.

Kyle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 12:10:58 am »
When I install GSX and the new addon manager my buildings disappear and I still have both menus in FSX but the 3 options under the Coautl powered products do nothing.

Which is why I said: "if the menus don't work, that doesn't *necessarily* mean buildings will not", in fact, falcon999 told you exactly that, he has buldings, but non-functioning menus, that's why I said they are entirely unrelated: you have both issues (unrelated), he has only one.

We'll try to find what might cause non-working menus, it's something that really has never been brought up before.

kbutterfield

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 12:43:00 am »
My bad.

He mentioned he was at KORD. I have buildings at KORD even with the new addon manager installed. I am just missing the United satellite terminal.  I thought his might be the same that is why I wanted him to check other airports.

His log file also looked just like mine.. stopping on GSX load.

Sorry.  Didn't mean to step on any ones toes.

Foot in mouth

Kyle

falcon999

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 04:44:33 am »
We'll try to find what might cause non-working menus, it's something that really has never been brought up before.

Any further suggestions?

George

tf51d

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 06:28:01 am »
There are times on initial load the menu doesn't come up, but what I do see, is a message in red on the upper left saying it's loading a cache. You have to wait for it to load (a minute or 2) then the menu works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 11:19:57 am »
Yes, of course, when it's updating the cache, you can't use any of the GSX functions until it's done.

It will happen when you install or remove a new scenery, and it should last 2 minutes ONLY the first time you run GSX, shouldn't take more then a few seconds after installing or removing a single scenery.

falcon999

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 04:23:21 pm »
Yes, of course, when it's updating the cache, you can't use any of the GSX functions until it's done.

It will happen when you install or remove a new scenery, and it should last 2 minutes ONLY the first time you run GSX, shouldn't take more then a few seconds after installing or removing a single scenery.

Thanks, but I am not seeing this. Doesn't work no matter how long I wait.

George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 10:26:18 am »
Thanks, but I am not seeing this. Doesn't work no matter how long I wait.

Have you installed the last update we had yesterday ? To install it, download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

WebMaximus

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 09:20:41 pm »
Since I have a similar problem after installing the latest Standalone Addon Manager after receiving a message to do so inside FSX I thought I use this thread instead of starting a new one.

My problem is that after installing the latest Standalone Addon Manager when I start FSX the mouse cursor changes to the type where you have both the normal arrow but next to it a spinning blue circle and this type of cursor stays all the way into FSX and inside FSX I no longer have the Couatl menu under the Addon menu and pressing CTRL-F12 to bring up the GSX menu doesn't work...nothing happens. Then even after shutting FSX down I still have the spinning circle type of cursor and this cursor remains until I log off from Windows or restart my PC. Looking in the Task Manager and the Processes tab I find two instances of couatl.exe.

I never saw this before I ran the latest version of the Standalone Addon Manger. I'm on Win7 x64 Ultimate and I'm running as Administrator with UAC switched OFF and FSX is on it's own SSD disk...ie not installed under the normal Program Files (x86) folder which I know can cause problems.

Any idea what went wrong or how to fix this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling GSX but still same problem...
Richard Åsberg