Author Topic: My Thoughts so far on GSX  (Read 5825 times)

DiBarkis

My Thoughts so far on GSX
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:58:44 pm »
First off, let me say that both this product and the author are excellent, and I love GSX so much, I have disabled AES on every airport I have it.

That being said, I think there are some things that could be worked more on, or tweaked to work better, and I wish to use this topic to talk about these issues as and when I see then. The first one is the movement of the pushback trucks: When the trucks are making a turn for instance, the wheels look understeered,  and because of this, it almost looks like the truck is just (I don't know the word to describe this). When you look at the current AES pushback trucks especially when they're turning, you'd understand where I'm coming from. The wheels actually track the circle of the turn. and the steering of the wheels is proportional to the turn. This is not the case with GSX vehicles in general. Sometimes (especially after the pushback is complete and the truck has disconnected), it looks like it just spins around without the help of it's wheels (which reminds me, I think the marshaller or whoever he's called, that connects and disconnects the truck) should step aside to the right or the left of the aircraft after the pushback. It looks awkward to see him standing in front of you (even after he has cleared you to taxi) as if he has suicidal intentions).

One more thing about the wheels, I think they overspin. By this I mean you could see a vehicle doing 2 mph, and when you look at its wheels, it looks like they're doing 15 mph (this is just an example). They spin so much it already looks like they're spinning the opposite direction to the movement of the vehicle.

These are the most obvious issues I've seen so far, and please I don't mean to put anyone down, this is a great product, if these can't be fixed, then they can't be fixed. But if they could, I think they should be looked into.

Cheers and keep up the good work

Chidi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: My Thoughts so far on GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 07:28:15 pm »
The first one is the movement of the pushback trucks: When the trucks are making a turn for instance, the wheels look understeered

We are perfectly aware of this, it's because the steering is still calculated by FSX itself, by the driving isn't so, the two are not really in sync. Once we'll do the steering calculation internally, it will look much better.

One more thing about the wheels, I think they overspin. By this I mean you could see a vehicle doing 2 mph, and when you look at its wheels, it looks like they're doing 15 mph (this is just an example). They spin so much it already looks like they're spinning the opposite direction to the movement of the vehicle.

Same as above, it's FSX that decide how to rotate the wheels, but we are in control of the speed, so they don't always match.

We know exactly what still needs to be fixed, but first we need to release some editing tools (airports first, and then airplanes) in the hand of the users.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:05:00 pm by virtuali »

DiBarkis

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 09:01:15 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Makes perfect sense to me now. Take your time. I agree with first things first, and I look forward to more improvements when you guys are able.

Chidi

FlightSimSouthwest

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 10:09:02 am »
Any ETA on the editing tools?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 12:50:30 pm »
The parking editor should be out this weekend, the airplane editor will be later.

drewb8

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 07:25:14 pm »
Let me first say "wow"!  When I first heard about it I thought 'oh, this'll be a cool little extra for the FSDT airports I have but it's not something I have to have'.  Now that I've used it though I realize this is awesome, I need to put some $ aside so I can buy it so it's at every airport!

I have a couple of little suggestions though.  First, I think it would be nice to have the option of the rear air stairs showing up when boarding starts.  I have rarely (never?) seen these on any plane I've been on that has parked at a jetbridge.  Second, it would be great if you could do some recorded voices for the ground crew instead of the robotic sounding voices that are currently used.  PMDG does this very well for the pushback on their 737NGX.  Different accents depending on the region would be a bonus, but not totally necessary.

Thanks again, keep up the great work!

Drew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 09:42:02 pm »
First, I think it would be nice to have the option of the rear air stairs showing up when boarding starts.  I have rarely (never?) seen these on any plane I've been on that has parked at a jetbridge

Can be done via airport parkings customization, the update is out now.

drewb8

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 04:12:44 pm »
That's great, thanks!