Author Topic: Parking Spots - A bit of a lottery  (Read 4858 times)

Fall_Guy

Parking Spots - A bit of a lottery
« on: February 04, 2012, 03:48:56 pm »
Hi guys,

Whenever I choose an airport and a gate number, within FSX to fly from, more often than not when the sim has loaded I find myself constantly being told the Aircraft is to big for this parking spot when I try using GSX.  This becomes a real pain if Ive filed a flight plan.

I never experienced an issue while using AES so I was wondering if its possible to perhaps condence the operation perimeter of GSX parking spots slightly to accommodate the aircraft.  (Im using the LevelD 767 and the KLAX airport).

Many Thanks for what I think will be a GREAT product for FSX

TuiflyX3

Re: Parking Spots - A bit of a lottery
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 04:12:16 pm »
Yeah same problem , just landed in "Rostock Laage" in germany.. with the ngx..and all parking slots too small :( service wasnt possible :( thougth its avaibel on EVERY fsx airport

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:29:14 pm »
Its available at every FSX airport, but you still need to fly aircraft that are appropriate to the airport.  Only three airlines serve Rostock Laage, and I don't think any of them fly NGX.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

TuiflyX3

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 04:40:33 pm »
Its available at every FSX airport, but you still need to fly aircraft that are appropriate to the airport.  Only three airlines serve Rostock Laage, and I don't think any of them fly NGX.

but i do

mseiwald

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 04:58:22 pm »
Air Berlin and Sky airlines fly to rostock with the 737-800

MatzeH84

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 05:31:37 pm »
The problem is that in the AFCAD the parking is assigned 'small' I guess, but GSX only starts handling the 737 in a 'medium' parking/gate. There should be an option like 'ignore gate size (GSX may collide with other aircraft/objects)'.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 05:34:13 pm »
GSX reads the radius of the parking specified in the AFCAD or the airport and, if it's smaller than your airplane wingspan divided by 2, will say the parking is too small, which in fact is, provided the AFCAD was designed correctly.

So, either the AFCAD you use has been designed wrong, with a too small radius compared to the actual clearance of the parking spot, so you should fix the parking in the AFCAD or, if the AFCAD is correct, you shouldn't park there in the first place, since the airplane wouldn't fit.

These are exactly the same rules that FSX itself uses both when assigning a parking with its own ATC, and when assigning a parking to an AI.