Author Topic: PMDGX Service doors  (Read 3990 times)

teofilo

PMDGX Service doors
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:22:17 pm »
Hey guys.
After installing and running GSX I can't open the aircraft doors for service on the FMC. I ask in GSX for catering service and when the trucks arrive it prompts me to open the doors. I go to the FMC, open them and nothing happens! They never get opened. This happens with the PMDG NGX.
Any suggestions?

Teo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDGX Service doors
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:15:46 pm »
I go to the FMC, open them and nothing happens! They never get opened.

Do you mean you clicked on the FMC to open the doors, and they don't open ? If this is the case, that's not obviously a problem of GSX, which in fact is working correctly, because is detecting that doors are still closed.

I guess you turned off your engines, without having an alternate source of power so, in the time you asked to be serviced and all the vehicles appeared, you lost your electrical or your hydraulic pressure (don't really remember which one controls the doors), so you can't open them anymore.

With the PMDG, you have to do things in the right way. As soon as you turn off your engines, connect the GPU, and activate the External Power bus OR, park with the APU on, and of course its bus connected.

spidierox

Re: PMDGX Service doors
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:04:19 am »
For what it is worth, I have flown PMDG NGX with GSX all weekend and no issues with doors opening thru FMC.
However, like said here before, you do need to power up (external power unit)

Love GSX !