Author Topic: "No internet connection available, press next to use local bglmanx files"  (Read 6427 times)

NMahinK

I've done everything, turning off the firewall, turning off the antivirus, installing the stand alone manager first, but I've had no luck. As of now, only the jetways are showing.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 08:19:34 am by NMahinK »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "No internet connection available, press next to use local bglmanx files"
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:17:40 am »
While of course it would be useful if you said which product you are referring to (since you are not posting in any product support section), that message isn't usually a problem because, even the server can't be reached, which is strange because we have *two*servers running at the same time, the installer already includes a copy of the needed files, so it will work just the same, but with its local copy.

So, fact that it's saying there's no internet connection and you are sure it's working, plus the fact that you don't see any scenery, seems to indicate a program on your side is blocking the download, could be an antivirus, a firewall, an anti-spyware, anything like this.

Barnes

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »
I had this problem with NOD32 Anti-Virus. I shut it down temporarily during installation of GSX and then all went well.

NMahinK

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 07:21:58 pm »
While of course it would be useful if you said which product you are referring to (since you are not posting in any product support section), that message isn't usually a problem because, even the server can't be reached, which is strange because we have *two*servers running at the same time, the installer already includes a copy of the needed files, so it will work just the same, but with its local copy.

So, fact that it's saying there's no internet connection and you are sure it's working, plus the fact that you don't see any scenery, seems to indicate a program on your side is blocking the download, could be an antivirus, a firewall, an anti-spyware, anything like this.

It's happening to GSX, LAX, LAS, JFK, ZRH, HNL, OGG, KOA, and ORD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:31:19 am »
It's happening to GSX, LAX, LAS, JFK, ZRH, HNL, OGG, KOA, and ORD

It doesn't happen with any of these here, and nobody else is reporting it now, which means the servers all up, of course I've tried it now, just to be sure, and all files downloaded without issues at about 300K/sec, which is basically as high as my internet connection can go...

So, it's surely is a problem on your end, most likely antivirus, firewall or anti-spyware.

meds60

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 10:59:57 pm »
Im getting the same problem and its driving me crazy!!! I have no firewall running at all I have never had the problem before.....and reinstalled plenty of times!!! I noticed the main web page is running very slow...Im on the Verizon network. Some please look into this. So now you have more than one person having the problem so I think its worth investigating.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:17:59 pm by meds60 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 11:18:06 pm »
We are having some slowdowns of the main server right now, probably because of the latest GSX update. If you install the most *current* version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, you can use either the online files or the offline ones, and be sure they are the same so, it won't make any difference accessing to the online version or not.

meds60

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 12:06:42 am »
I cant even down load that...they seem to be working though but gsx is a little buggy from it. Oh well hopefully everything will be up and running soon and I will reinstall then. I will cgeck in a couple of days.