Author Topic: Good Job FSDT - some suggestions  (Read 6769 times)

duckbilled

Good Job FSDT - some suggestions
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:57:34 pm »
I finally had the opportunity to check out GSX in action. I think it looks pretty good and I'll pay for the full version once you and AES figure things out.

Anyway, I have a couple suggetsions.

1. We need a way to adjust sound volumes for different features. I generally hate exterior ambient sounds in FSX. If there is a way to adjust them manually please let me know which .wav files I sould play with.

2. Is there a way to keep the GSX menu open? It is kind of annoying to have to reopen it after I make a selection. Also, if it could remember that I am working with GSX options that would be nice rather than having select 1 every time I open the menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Good Job FSDT - some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 12:13:04 am »
1. We need a way to adjust sound volumes for different features. I generally hate exterior ambient sounds in FSX. If there is a way to adjust them manually please let me know which .wav files I sould play with.

We could think about this.

2. Is there a way to keep the GSX menu open? It is kind of annoying to have to reopen it after I make a selection.

But then it will be annoying if you want to do just a single thing and then go back to the airplae, because it would require an additional CTRL+F12 to close it, when now it close automatically.

Also, if it could remember that I am working with GSX options that would be nice rather than having select 1 every time I open the menu

This happens only at the few FSDT airports that also have a YouControl menu on that airport. On every other airport, the menu jumps directly in GSX. It was made intentionally, so the two could share just 1 hotkey, which is both easier to remember, and it doesn't take more than 1 key, which could be used for other things/addons.

duckbilled

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:29:51 am »
Just allow the user to click in the corner to close it like in Windows or like in ASE.

For example, I want to call catering and fuel at the same time. In ASE, i pick the options and close the window when I am done. In GSX, i pick catering, the window closes and I have to open it again and pick fuel. Combinud with the airports that have something else attached to ctl f12, that's a lot of navigating for something simple.

2. Is there a way to keep the GSX menu open? It is kind of annoying to have to reopen it after I make a selection.

But then it will be annoying if you want to do just a single thing and then go back to the airplane, because it would require an additional CTRL+F12 to close it, when now it close automatically.

skypara

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 06:16:05 am »
I would like to add to this - the boarding/deboarding sound file could be longer and the looping hello/this way removed or made a bit more realistic. Would it be possible to add some sort of volume levels mixer in the couatl menu?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 10:21:05 am »
Just allow the user to click in the corner to close it like in Windows or like in ASE.

We are using a standard Simconnect window for the menu, which is similar to the default ATC one, but it misses the close button, and that is made entirely outside our control by FSX itself.

We can let it stick, but you would need to close it manually, by pressing CTRL+F12 again.

mseiwald

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 10:36:16 am »
Why Not making a separate line in the bottom of the menu options like "close window"? This would have the Same effect as the X ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 10:49:09 am »
Why Not making a separate line in the bottom of the menu options like "close window"? This would have the Same effect as the X ;)

There's no need to waste a menu entry just to close the window, since it will close anyway with a subsequent press of CTRL+F12, which you can also remap to a single keystroke, if you want.

mseiwald

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 10:52:03 am »
Oh yeah i didn't think about that :)

duckbilled

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 06:09:27 am »
Actually, I went ahead and purchased the full version tonight. Wife was out for the night and I needed a new toy.

Another suggestion:

I start my engines after the tow bar has been removed. 90% of the flights I have been on do it similarly. I need to have the parking brakes engaged when I start the engines but GSX repeatedly tells me to release the parking brakes after the tow bar is removed. It is really annoying and I wish they would just leave me alone. Please fix.

tf51d

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 06:23:32 am »
Actually, I went ahead and purchased the full version tonight. Wife was out for the night and I needed a new toy.

Another suggestion:

I start my engines after the tow bar has been removed. 90% of the flights I have been on do it similarly. I need to have the parking brakes engaged when I start the engines but GSX repeatedly tells me to release the parking brakes after the tow bar is removed. It is really annoying and I wish they would just leave me alone. Please fix.

I was just going to post about this myself, you beat me to it. I would think when to release parking brakes would be pilots discretion once the tow bar is removed, and your right it's not logical to release brakes, after being cleared to start engines.

airbumps

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 09:08:31 am »
I would like to add to this - the boarding/deboarding sound file could be longer and the looping hello/this way removed or made a bit more realistic. Would it be possible to add some sort of volume levels mixer in the couatl menu?

I agree with this, whilst most of the sounds are ok, this one needs to be redone. Its too short and could offer a little more. Quick fix I would think.

AB