Author Topic: antivirus  (Read 2526 times)

shrek1958

antivirus
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:37:45 pm »
i want to advise you the couatl.exe file have a trojan horse . i try several time to download gsx but my system told me that couatl have a trojan horse.Since that i can`t play all airport of fsdream because couatl is missing
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:59:25 pm by virtuali »

Frank Lindberg

Re: couatl trojan horse
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 07:43:57 pm »
No...U are wrong. Try installed it again without your antivirus is on.
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl trojan horse
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 07:59:08 pm »
Your antivirus is wrong, you shouldn't believe anything that antivirus products says, they use questionable heuristic methods only to advertise being able to catch more virus than the competition.

Either turn off the antivirus, and follow the message that has been posted countless number of times:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

Or, much better, switch to an antivirus that works and doesn't mistakenly flag legit programs as threats, like the FREE and always updated Microsoft Security Essentials.