Author Topic: GSX GREAT..but having issues :(  (Read 6857 times)

64T

GSX GREAT..but having issues :(
« on: February 03, 2012, 06:07:40 pm »
I'm having sooooo much fun with GSX. Top notch job FsDreamteam! Now all of the sudden the GSX drivers refuses to start? I have restarted my pc three times to no avail. When I look at my processes running in the task manager I see FSX but not the GSX driver (I know it will not show up as GSX in the task manager). I have waited patiently for GSX to start once I've loaded up FSX but still nothing. Doing a last ditch effort to try to reinstall. Anyone know what could be happening? BTW system Vista 32

Thank you  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX GREAT..but having issues :(
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »
It's difficult to say without having any evidence. Try first a reinstall, possibly after a Windows reboot.

64T

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 06:33:29 pm »
Still no luck :/ nothings changed. I don't have a virus as I've not downloaded anything. However when trying to run the GSX driver AVAST blocked it once with a Trojan Horse warning (faulty detection obviously) but all appears to be good?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 06:45:54 pm »
Still no luck :/ nothings changed. I don't have a virus as I've not downloaded anything. However when trying to run the GSX driver AVAST blocked it once with a Trojan Horse warning (faulty detection obviously) but all appears to be good?

You should have said immediately the Antivirus was complaining.

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

64T

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 02:05:44 am »
Wasn't my anti-virus. Apparently the Firewall was killing it. Thanks though working good as new! =) Now I've just got one more question, if we adjust the [exit] section of the aircraft cfg will GSX adjust accordingly? Take for instance my CS 727-100. When using the boarding stairs they appear to dock about a foot or two (relative) below the door. I know when I try to dock the jetway in FSX with this plane it docks too high. Any way for users to tweak this or can it only be done through complex coding (FsDreamteam)?

Anyways just want to take a moment to thank you guys for a wonderful product! Well worth the price! My first and certainly not my last FsDreamteam purchase! =)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 02:52:35 am »
The [Exits] section of an airplane is used only when the airplane is not supported by GSX, and entires in this section are never very precise, also because the coordinates used for the jetway refers to the door center, while GSX needs the bottom of it.

It's strange you would see doors not aligned with the CS727, because that's now supported by GSX, with one of the Live updates, that the GSX installer automatically gets when it runs, could be your firewall has blocked them too ?

The attached screenshot shows what I'm seeing with the CS727-100

Try the "Check Live Update" option on the Couatl menu, and see if it suggest to download something.

64T

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 02:58:15 am »
Great products, and fast, detailed support. This should be your slogan! ;D Perhaps but what about the PAA380/320 and such. I know those aren't supported so can we the consumers adjust the aircraft cfg as necessary?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 03:06:03 am »
Perhaps but what about the PAA380/320 and such.

I've just download them both, so they should appear shortly, maybe tomorrow or so.

I know those aren't supported so can we the consumers adjust the aircraft cfg as necessary?

Yes, we are thinking about an airplane editor, that would be the best option.