Author Topic: Addon Manager does not come up  (Read 11282 times)

Rea3perPr0

Addon Manager does not come up
« on: February 03, 2012, 12:58:07 pm »
Hey guys i really like your prodcut even if theres something to improve like the jetways but thats another topic.

I went straight ahead and bought the system the web way using paypal.
Then i downloaded the installer and went along with the installation.
Started up FSX and tried to activate the product but if i look into my "Addons" dropdown menu i cant spot the Addon Manager.

Could you guys please help me out with the installation.

Regards, Rea3perPr0.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager does not come up
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 01:04:26 pm »
First check for the possible antivirus problem, this way:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

Rea3perPr0

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 01:26:31 pm »
Did everything following your advises but its still not working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:17:41 pm »
Are you being ASKED permission to run the Addon Manager after reinstalling ?

Rea3perPr0

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 02:19:06 pm »
Not at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 02:20:24 pm »
This is usually caused by:

- The antivirus, which is STILL blocking them, even if you excluded them

- You might inadvertently un-trusted "Virtuali" on your system so, anything signed by us will be automatically refused to run.

To verify this, you can go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be an "Authors" button, that will list the software authors that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted authors. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

grajay

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 02:25:18 pm »
Whilst my 'problem' is not the same - I don't have anything showing on the add-ons menu pertaining to GSX.  

I DO have the GSX vehicles but I have no trace of the couatl.exe or bglmanx.dll on my system - my default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  Currently I have NO antivirus program running or fitted.  Installation of GSX is by right clicking and run as administrator.

I uninstalled GSX but got no question asking if I wanted to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine.

You might inadvertently un-trusted "Virtuali" on your system so, anything signed by us will be automatically refused to run.

To verify this, you can go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be an "Authors" button, that will list the software authors that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted authors. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

I can confirm that I do not have any exceptions regarding  "Virtuali s.a.s" either.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:29:06 pm by grajay »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 02:31:26 pm »
I uninstalled GSX but got no question asking if I wanted to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine.

This is surely not possible, you must have missed it. Reinstall, Uninstall and check better, and be sure you reply YES to both questions, and when you reinstall, take not if you ARE being asked permission to run the modules.

Rea3perPr0

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 02:39:06 pm »
Well your right if i run the installer it tells me that the developer of this software is blocked by my system. But i have no idea where unblock it.
I have Kaspersky anti Virus 2012 if that might tell you anything. and my windows firewall is disabled.

grajay

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 02:50:29 pm »
This is surely not possible, you must have missed it. Reinstall, Uninstall and check better, and be sure you reply YES to both questions, and when you reinstall, take not if you ARE being asked permission to run the modules.

Well I have tried it again and uninstalled OK but NO questions at all about anything.  I'm guessing that as neither the couatl.exe or bglmanx.dll can be found on my system that this would likey to be the reason.  Perhaps I should re-download and try again.  My download file is  48,955KB in size but the properties of the file show it to be 47.8MB and is Version 0.0.0.0

Sorry, I should have added that during installation I am being asked no questions about permission to run modules.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:57:41 pm by grajay »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 03:10:18 pm »
Perhaps I should re-download and try again.  My download file is  48,955KB in size but the properties of the file show it to be 47.8MB and is Version 0.0.0.0

Something is wrong, because the exact filesize is 47.706.056 bytes, and the version surely reads 1.0.0.0, perhaps you got a corrupted download OR your antivirus has corrupted it, trying to "heal it"

Rea3perPr0

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 03:24:02 pm »
- You might inadvertently un-trusted "Virtuali" on your system so, anything signed by us will be automatically refused to run.

I checked through my settings and it apears that i found the settings and you were right since Virtuali s.a.s was blacklisted and set to untrustable. I delted the entry then set it to trustable and I am now redownloading and reinstalling everything. Reporting back asap its fixed or not. Thank you for the support til now.

grajay

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 03:33:34 pm »
Perhaps I should re-download and try again.  My download file is  48,955KB in size but the properties of the file show it to be 47.8MB and is Version 0.0.0.0

Something is wrong, because the exact filesize is 47.706.056 bytes, and the version surely reads 1.0.0.0, perhaps you got a corrupted download OR your antivirus has corrupted it, trying to "heal it"

I'll say it again - I have NO antivirus program ether running or installed so this is impossible.  I have downloaded from 2 servers now with still the same result.  Do you have another location I can download from please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 03:40:28 pm »
I'll say it again - I have NO antivirus program ether running or installed so this is impossible.  I have downloaded from 2 servers now with still the same result.  Do you have another location I can download from please?

There are no other locations, the file on the server is correct, and nobody else reported it for not having the version number. Check if it still has a VALID Digital Signature. If the Digital Signature is not valid, then you can be 100% it has been corrupted on your system, for some reason.

Try to clear the browser cache before downloading again.

grajay

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 04:12:52 pm »
I've downloaded it on two entirely separate computers with the same result.