Author Topic: CTDs with Hawaiian airports and MyTraffic 5.4  (Read 9881 times)

Thorsten42

CTDs with Hawaiian airports and MyTraffic 5.4
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:16:21 am »
Hi FSDT Team and fellow pilots,

I just thought it would be nice to fly around Hawaii this Winter so bought the Hawaiian Airports + Honolulu. First of all I have to say thank you for that wonderful airports. But it looks like that there are some problems with MyTraffic 5.4 up there cause on a regular base I get CTDs while loading flights there. Deactivating MyTraffic in the Scenery Library helps but thats in no way a solution I can live with ;)

So question is: anybody else out there using FSDT airports especially Hawaii stuff and having problems with MyTraffic 5.4 active and found a root cause for this? At least deactivating additional afcads covering the airports does not help. 

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks and Cheers

Thorsten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTDs with Hawaiian airports and MyTraffic 5.4
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:17:49 am »
It it's not crashing if you disable the traffic entirely, then you can be sure it's a problem with an AI model that only flies in that area, like a corrupted texture.

Thorsten42

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 11:24:22 am »
Hi Umberto,

wow thanks, that was a very fast reply ;) Yes, I assume the same for sure. And I was just opening an additional thread over at the corresponding MyTraffic forums but I thought perhaps somebody else in the forums here found a solution already cause there are some other threads here with similar problems.

Is there perhaps a tool out there to scan for possible problems within SimObjects folder?

Thanks and Cheers
Thorsten

Thorsten42

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:22:35 pm »
Hi,

did some more testing.

Test scenario: Load a flight with default C172 at PHKO (from Hawaiian Airports Vol2) with always exactly same time of day/summer settings.

PHKO choosen as I get a reproducible CTD there.

I did several config tests in the traffics tab. My default is 75% for Airline and GA and Road/Ships/Leisure Boats set to 20%. Airport Vehicle Density: None

When going down with the sliders to 25% percent for Airline and GA I can load PHKO without problems giving me 4 airliners and 3 GA on the positions.

The other Hawaiian airports can go much higher in settings. Interesting fact btw, if I load just seven miles away from PHKO at airport 92Z I get no CTDs.

So for me it looks like a little bit more that especially PHKO can't handle a lot of AI objects when directly loaded. In addition when loading at exactly same time 7 miles away and slewing into the airport doesn't give me a CTD I don't think that there's a problem with AI at all, too. 

Perhaps any thoughts on my additional findings?

Cheers and Thanks
Thorsten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 02:33:05 pm »
Your problem doesn't have anything to do with the scenery.

If you can lower the AI density and use the airport without a crash, it simply means the AI model that is causing the crash, has been programmed to show up only at higher AI settings.

Thorsten42

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 02:44:56 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Hmmm... but that doesn't explain the fact that I can load 7 miles away at traffic 75% and slew into the airport at exactly same timestamp assuming that exactly the same AI traffic according to it's schedule will be there?

Cheers and Thanks
Thorsten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 03:11:47 pm »
Hmmm... but that doesn't explain the fact that I can load 7 miles away at traffic 75% and slew into the airport at exactly same timestamp assuming that exactly the same AI traffic according to it's schedule will be there?

It surely does, the AI likely have LODs and wouldn't display from that distance at its highest LOD immediately.

Thorsten42

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 03:44:27 pm »
Sure, but when slewing in they are showing correctly and don't produce a CTD. I could dig into what AI aircraft spawn there and could test other locations around with that info but I don't have that much spare time.  I'm doing a lot of VA test flights starting at and flying into bigger hubs with a lot of AI planes and resource hungry payware airports active but I never ever got CTDs before. And now with my first FSDT airports I get CTDs. Don't get me wrong, these are beautiful airports and with GSX even more attractive but you can't convince me of the AI problem only finger pointing ;)

Anyhow I have a workaround which I can live with at the moment. If I will find some more facts I will post them.

Thanks and Cheers
Thorsten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 03:51:07 pm »
Sure, but when slewing in they are showing correctly and don't produce a CTD

That doesn't mean anything, both LOD and Mipmaps levels are involved here, if only one of the Mipmaps is corrupted, Slewing or loading the airport direct it's exactly what could make a difference.

Other than that, if FSX doesn't crash with Traffic at 25% in any situation, it clearly means the problem it's one of the AI.

People mistakenly assume an airport could be the cause because their FSX "works in other airports", but that doesn't mean much with AI, since they have different schedules, the conflicting one might not show up at the airport that doesn't crash.

I'll try doing a similar test with UT2 at 100%, but I'm fairly sure it will work, also because nobody else reported at consistent crash at PHKO before.

Thorsten42

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 03:59:26 pm »
Thanks for your support Umberto,

as my current Installation is only a few weeks old and quite clean with a default setup regarding the MyTraffic Installation, perhaps somebody else out here in the forums has a similar combination to check.

Cheers
Thorsten

scott967

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 08:15:01 am »
I have a problem that I am pretty sure is AI related (no Mytraffic though), haven't nailed it down yet.  For me the crash is always in g3d.dll at location 63581.

scott s.

elee32

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 07:14:41 am »
Dear friend, I never had any problem with my FSX until I bought and installed the three programs FSDT. I can not fly over any airport in Hawaii. It is unsafe and error appears g3d.dll anytime, followed by another error TCAS2v7.dll occasions. I have spent as many hours for various tests and have read many forum about this error. I've tried it with My Traffic, also com UT2 AI and even with the factory, but the error continues.
I understand what you Umberto many respondents indicated that the error is not FSDT and that is a bug in the AI, but this is easy to say and get out of trouble. So things are not, if you sell a program must support and no easy answers. Or at least indicate before buying: (This Scenery does not support AI. Please consider before buying.) But he says and this is where I and all customers must demand a support.
Umberto, all the scenery is magnificent and I really want to keep flying with them, but not by the beauty if not compatible with other addon as important as AI. And less unthinkable that even works well with FSX factory.
Please, we need a solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 09:04:16 am »
I can only repeat and confirm the problem is NOT PHNL. And the most obvious and clear proof of the fact this IS AN AI problem, is the fact you have a crash in TCAS2v7.dll too, which clearly proves there's something wrong with an AI somewhere. If you get a crash with a module that supposed to display AI AIRPLANES, how you could possibly think the problem is the *airport* ?

Again, as was repeated many times already, if the rogue AI doesn't appear in other airports (because of its schedule and its livery) you are mislead thinking the problem might have something to do with PHNL, just because you don't see it anywhere else, but that doesn't mean it's *caused* by the airport.

In any case, just to be sure you have everything from our side updated: download and install the most current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager and install it as the last thing you do.

And, be sure you download and install the most current version of FSUIPC, which helps with G3D.DLL crashes too.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:06:20 am by virtuali »