Author Topic: GSX Not Working for me, messed up my newer FSDT Sceneries (KLAX, KDFW)  (Read 36557 times)

kbutterfield

Re: GSX Not Working for me, messed up my newer FSDT Sceneries (KLAX, KDFW)
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2012, 09:27:37 pm »
Ok, I tried the above. I removed my sound blaster card and all it's drivers. Removed the on board sound card drivers (Realtek). Went into safe mode and removed any last trace of any sound card drivers.  Went to the ASUS website and downloaded the latest sound card drivers for the P8P67 delux motherboard. Re-enable my sound card in the bios and re-installed the new drivers. After re-boot, I re-installed GSX and loaded up FSX.  To my astonishment, I had buildings and GSX was working except for sound. I thought I was home free.  I looked at the log file (which I forgot to save) and it showed that there were problems trying to enumerate the audio device. I then exited out of FSX to try and launch it again, but it would stop at Initializing audio again.  I then rebooted my computer and loaded up FSX and it launched GSX with the attached log file. Again, no sound but at least GSX was working.  I did that twice.. had to reboot in order for it to come up.  I also noticed that it added this line to the Couatladdons.ini file "[common] audioenumerate = failed. After the 3 re-boot, it stopped on Loading GSX again and would not go any further.

I tried to redo all the steps above so I can see if I can re-produce the original log file, but it will not work. It's back to the way it was before. Stopping on the audio initialization.

I did notice that there was a newer BIOS available for my mother board. Would upgrading to that help?

I had a small taste of GSX and I want more. 

Would there be another audio source (AES..etc.) taking control of the audio device before GSX does?

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. I was almost there.

Thanks

Kyle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2012, 09:45:37 pm »
I did notice that there was a newer BIOS available for my mother board. Would upgrading to that help?

You might try.

Would there be another audio source (AES..etc.) taking control of the audio device before GSX does?

It shouldn't, users are using them together normally. Do you have other audio applications that runs in the background, like audio capture programs, voip or anything unusual that access the audio card ?

BTW, my audio card it's a Realtek too (it's embedded on the mainboard, and I use a Mac to boot, not the most standard config...), and it works without even installing any driver, just with the ones included with Windows 7.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:06:02 pm by virtuali »

kbutterfield

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2012, 09:56:24 pm »
No other audio programs that I am aware of. It's a dedicated FSX machine. I try to keep clean of any unnecessary programs.

i will try to update the BIOS and get back with the results.

DiBarkis

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2012, 11:59:25 pm »
Kyle, I would suggest you update your bios to the latest. I'm not saying that will help, but who knows? I updated my bios before installing the new sound driver, so I don't know if it would have (not) worked if I had installed the sound without the bios update. I think it's worth a try.

kbutterfield

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2012, 12:52:22 am »
SUCCESS!!!!!!  The only problem is that my wife if banning me from the FSX computer for a few days, maybe longer.

This has been a project. I'm not sure if upgrading my BIOS did the trick because I also did multiple other steps.
Un-installed GSX
Un-installed all sound drivers (again).
Disable the sound card in BIOS.
Rebooted in safe mode and ran a driver cleaner to make sure all audio drivers were removed.
Went into the registry and deleted any reference to Creative Labs.
Re-enable audio in BIOS. (I would like to put my SoundBlaster X-Fi back in but I'm scared to).
When windows booted, I just let it find the Realtek drivers and install them. I did not install the ones I downloaded from ASUS.
I went into my FSX config file and deleted all old trusted items especially ones dealing with sound.
Re-installed GSX then re-booted computer.
Ran Smart Close to close any unnecessary programs and process.
I previously un-checked any add on scenery except a few in FSX just in case any one of those were conflicting with GSX. I will re-activate them one by one just in case.
Started FSX and prayed!!! (Most important part I think)

To my surprise.. SUCCESS!!  I thought I was dreaming so I closed FSX and re-ran it. Success again. I think I peed my pants.

Currently in the process of buying it.  To bad I can't play with it for a few days. Or can I.

Thanks for all your help Umberto and everyone else.  Truly great product and customer service.  KLAX is next on my list.

Kyle

Attached is the best looking Couatl.log file I have ever seen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2012, 12:58:11 am »
I'm very happy to hear that, so it really looks like the ASUS drivers didn't supported OpenAL, or they supported it badly, while the Windows driver were Ok.

I don't believe you'll have issues with the X-Fi, I have a PC with an X-Fi (not the latest model, it's a PCI version), and it worked beautifully with the Creative 5.1 system, and GSX supported the surround sound perfectly so, for example, if you are in the cockpit, you'll hear the baggage loader sound coming from behind you!

D_mitris

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2012, 10:58:23 pm »
I wanted to add something I experienced.

I noticed that when I reset GSX at the gate at KDFW it resets and removes all of the buildings except for the gates.   I was not sure if this issue has been reported or not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2012, 11:01:01 pm »
I noticed that when I reset GSX at the gate at KDFW it resets and removes all of the buildings except for the gates.   

That's absolutely normal. Of course, after a couple of seconds everything is back on, I hope...

D_mitris

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2012, 07:39:56 am »
I waited but none of the buildings came back.  I also can't get the autodock feature to work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2012, 01:26:32 pm »
I waited but none of the buildings came back

Then it means some other addon module you have installed might prevent a proper restart, we heard a couple of reports of other modules (one was a joystick driver) that prevented couatl.exe properly closing if installed.

You might try rearranging the loading order of modules in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML file, sometimes it helps when there are conflicting modules.

I also can't get the autodock feature to work.

What's the autodock ?

D_mitris

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2012, 02:46:42 am »
I believe FSDT called it PARK ME but now with GSX I think its called AGS.  Either way I don't have any guiding for parking in KDFW.  I don't have a marshaller or a light to help me park.  In fact it stated my parking wasn't very good when I wasn't even parked at the gate yet!  This was Gate E-12

Any help would be appreciated
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:41:03 am by D_mitris »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2012, 11:30:27 am »
I believe there's some confusion here:

ParkMe was a Couatl *feature* we used in scenery, which enabled several kind of docking aides, some electronic like the Safegate, APIS, some hybrid like the AGNIS-PAPA (which is half optical and half electronic ), and some entirely optical, like the AGN, used for example at KDFW Terminal B

ParkMe also had the parking evaluation, but no marshaller, and it was available only at selected parking on FSDT aiports.

GSX improved on that, by adding the marshaller on every parking on every airport, plus it supports exactly the same kind of docking systems as ParkMe, nothing has changed with GSX, KDFW Terminal B STILL has exactly the same AGN system it had in ParkMe, which is a static optical system that gives only lateral guidance by means of parallax effect.

This is how it's supposed to work, and it hasn't changed a bit with GSX. If you want a more advance docking system at KDFW, go to a gate with a SafeGate system.

D_mitris

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 08:45:52 pm »
I tried a test flight yesterday and upon arrival with the follow me car the gate had no marshaller to guide me in.   This is using the latest version of FSDT KDFW with no modifications to AFCAD.   Is it possible that the E concourse does not have marshallers?  This was Gate E 12.

I departed from the gate and the wing walker showed up.  When I park all the vehicles are there including stairs, pushback, baggage but no marshaller for guidance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(2nd test flight)... I decided to ignore FSX ATC this time and selected gate D6 which was open. I decided to ask for a follow me car which arrived but while taxiing he decided to go through the grass and got stuck.

Upon arrival there was no marshaller which I am not sure if this is normal or not since it had the guidance docking system.  

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:42:40 am by D_mitris »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2012, 11:01:58 am »
I tried a test flight yesterday and upon arrival with the follow me car the gate had no marshaller to guide me in.   This is using the latest version of FSDT KDFW with no modifications to AFCAD.   Is it possible that the E concourse does not have marshallers?  This was Gate E 12.

That's just confirms what I've said, and it's absolutely normal. As I've said, some terminals at KDFW has only the simple optical AGN system, which doesn't give any distance indication, only lateral by means of parallax optical effect.

GSX makes apparently clear which kind of assistance you have at any parking BEFORE you select it. In the parking selection menu, if the parking has a docking system of *any* kind, it will be labeled with its name so, Terminal E at KDFW will lists most of its gates having an AGN system. And, after you select a parking, it will also say which parking you activated and which docking method it has.

Only if there's NO docking of any kind (regardless how advanced or simple is), a Marshaller will be displayed. Parking spots with a Marshaller are those that don't have anything added to the parking name.

This means there aren't many marhsallers at KDFW, since most of the gates have a docking system. Terminals A, C and D have the Safedock, which is the electronic type and it's far easier to use than any marshaller, but Terminals B and E have the AGN system, which is far simpler, but still is considered to be a docking system, so no Marshaller there.

This is of course explained in the GSX manual, at Page 6

D_mitris

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2012, 08:37:43 pm »
Thank you for clarifying this for me.  It would be nice if at some point GSX marshallers are added to concourse E since it does not have any docking assistance. 

grazie mille!