Author Topic: GSX Not Working for me, messed up my newer FSDT Sceneries (KLAX, KDFW)  (Read 36844 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Not Working for me, messed up my newer FSDT Sceneries (KLAX, KDFW)
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 12:14:04 am »
I'll reply to both of you with PM now, so you can test the diagnostic version of the Addon Manager, that generates logs too long to be posted here.

kbutterfield

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 06:59:28 pm »
I think we have narrowd it down to the audio device.

Steps I have taken.

Copied the file to the common folder.

Added
[common]
audioDevice = software

to the Couatladdons.ini file.

Ran FSX.  Still no luck but as you notice from the log that it now says under GSX - Initializing audio...

couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
log started on Sun Feb 05 06:45:09 2012

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Loading addons
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
bglmanx list contains 16 AddOn(s)
Loading addon ZurichX
Addon ZurichX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon OHareX
Addon OHareX loaded
Loading addon JFK
Addon JFK loaded
Loading addon XPOI
Addon XPOI not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon LSGG
Addon LSGG not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KLAS
Addon KLAS loaded
Loading addon KFLL
Addon KFLL not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon PHNL
Addon PHNL not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KDFW
Addon KDFW loaded
Loading addon HAWAII1
Addon HAWAII1 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon HAWAII2
Addon HAWAII2 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KLAX
Addon KLAX loaded
Loading addon ParkMe
Addon ParkMe loaded
Loading addon GSX
Initializing audio...

Tried changing to audioDevice = none

Same result

Learned that I could disable GSX by changing disable=0 to disable=1 (a lot faster than re-installing an old scenery to get my buildings back). It worked the first time but will now work any other time.

Ran FSX

Everything loaded fine (except GSX obiviously). Buildings back and all functions in the Couatl powered products menu now work.

I uninstalled everything pertaining to the SoundBlaster.. drivers, software..etc. Ran Driver Cleaner to remove any old, unused drivers. Re-installed current SoundBlster drivers – 2.17.08

Still No GSX

I’m currently using  Win 7 64bit Creative Labs SoundBlaster x-fi titanium with drivers 2.17.08 (latest on their web site dated 7/2010)

Disabled the SoundBlaster card and re-enable my onboard audio (Realtek HD audio on an ASUS P8P67 deluxe motherboard )and downloaded updated audio drivers from ASUS and Realtek.  Still the same result.

Loading addon GSX
Initializing audio...

Hope that helps in trying to find a solution.

Thanks for the great support and lets get this solved.

Kyle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 07:01:46 pm »
Did you installed the OpenAL fix from Creative I posted earlier ?

http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/oalinst.zip

Also, try changing audioDevice to

audioDevice = hardware

kbutterfield

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 07:05:11 pm »
I did before I removed and re-installed all sound drivers. Let me do it again now and I'll get back with the results.

Kyle

kbutterfield

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 07:20:30 pm »
It did not work.

I un-installed GSX - removed it completely from my system.There is no reference to it in the Couatladdons.ini file. Re-installed the new addon manager and it still freezes on Loading addon GSX in the log file.

I don't understand why I can't get it to work using 2 different sound cards with updated drivers.

kbutterfield

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 08:36:53 pm »
FYI

When I re-install GSX, the first time I run it with it disabled in the Couatladdons.ini file, FSX starts with all the buildings and the Coautl powered products menu working. The log file shows that GSX was disabled in the .ini file.

If I exit FSX then restart after closing the Coautl process (doesn't close on its own), the Buildings and menu functions are gone.  And the log file show that it froze in GSX initialze audio.

Kyle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 10:53:42 pm »
It really seems to be an audio problem. OpenAL stays on top of DirectSound though, try installing the most current DirectX runtime:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

kbutterfield

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 11:15:35 pm »
It says I already have the latest updated drivers and closes the install.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 11:31:14 pm »
Try this:

go into C:\Windows\System32 and remove the openal32.dll file manually (it will ask additional permission to do it), and then run again the OpenAL installer you downloaded from Creative.

kbutterfield

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2012, 11:47:27 pm »
Didn't work.

kbutterfield

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 12:32:46 am »
Until we get this issue figured out. I've uninstalled GSX and the new add on manager and re-installed KORD to get the old add on manager so I can at least have my buildings and markings back.

Please continue to trouble shoot with me. I've been reading so many posts about how nice GSX is and I am so frustrated that I can't get mine to work.

Thanks for all your help and don't forget about me.

Kyle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 01:19:03 am »
Until we get this issue figured out. I've uninstalled GSX and the new add on manager and re-installed KORD to get the old add on manager so I can at least have my buildings and markings back.

There's no need to, the problem is not the Addon Manager, is the fact that GSX calls the sound card, you can simply disable GSX only by setting disable  = 1 in its section of the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini file, so you can use the current version of the Addon Manager.

Not that it makes any difference, if you install any scenery, it will download the exact same Addon Manager and Couatl files than GSX installer.

kbutterfield

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 01:37:06 am »
I did set disable = 1  and it loaded the first time fine, but anytime after that it did not load. It stopped on Loading GSX.  I uninstalled GSX and the add on manager, re-installed GSX, set to disable = 1 and again it loaded the first time fine by by-passing GSX. Any other time I started FSX and went to a FSDT airport, it stopped on Loading GSX even though it was disabled in the ini file.

The only way to fix it temporarily was to uninstall GSX and the new addon manager. Re-install KORD so with the old add on manager so there is no reference what so ever to GSX. All airports load fine after that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012, 10:19:20 am »
Maybe your problem is simply that the Couatl exe doesn't close with FSX, which is why it runs only once

Try to do all the sound card test again, but check that Couatl.exe process is closed when you close FSX and if it's not, terminate it manually with the Task manager.

It's possible another addon is preventing it to close it automatically, it happened to another users, the culprit was the GoFlight drivers, but with so many modules out there, it's possible something else might cause the same problem.

DiBarkis

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 10:23:17 am »
Fiiiiinnnnnaallllly!!!!! I got it to work!!! ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D I didn't even have to use the .pye file. I couldn't do all that 'cos I was in church all day, and when I came back I flashed my bios, and decided to redo my overclock from scratch, so I couldn't reply any of the messages I got from you guys. I've been on the overclock all day, and finally came to the final stress test before hitting the bed, But I remembered that when I was searching for my latest bios (asus) update, I noticed a sound driver update. I couldn't resist the urge, so I downloaded it, and tried to install it, but I got the message that I already have a newer version. Usually that would be it for me, but I had a hunch, so I decided to uninstall the one I had already and install the one I just downloaded. I rebooted my pc, and downloaded the file Umberto sent us, but I also decided to just reinstall GSX and check first before modifying any files... And voila! I almost slapped the follow me truck driver for keeping me waiting for all this time. ;D I'm so happy! I think I'm gonna have to go to the ER tomorrow because my lips are already split all the way to my left and right ears from grinning! Sorry I'm scribbling away like an idiot, but I just feel like a little boy with a new toy! Now I'm off to fault finding (forgive me... couldn't resist).

Thanks Umberto for all your efforts. There are very few developers like you. Thanks for your patience too.

Sorry, but I have to get some sleep now. I'll reply whatever questions later in the evening. Kyle, why don't you just uninstall your sound driver (integrated motherboard audio) and reboot, then reinstall it, and reboot, then reinstall GSX? That's exactly what I did.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:39:27 am by Smasher77th »