Author Topic: GSX Not Working for me, messed up my newer FSDT Sceneries (KLAX, KDFW)  (Read 36730 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Not Working for me, messed up my newer FSDT Sceneries (KLAX, KDFW)
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 12:43:14 am »
I have both menu's.  The add on manager which let's me see the products installed. It works.  I also have the other menu with the 3 choices, check for update, key mappings and restart, but none of those options work when you click on them. The most important thing is that the buildings at the airports are gone.

Ok, this is entirely strange, and never seen before. If you have both menus, it means everything is running, but nobody ever reported the Couatl menu being there, but not doing anything.

Check this file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err

If you have it, post its content.

kbutterfield

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 01:05:32 am »
I did mention in my original post that I had the Coautl Powered products menu but clicking on the 3 choices did not work.

I found the file in question. Here are the contents.  I watched the file as it was loading up a FSDT airport and it did not change. It shows a file date of 12/29/2011.]

couatl v2.0 (build 2255)
panic log started on Fri Dec 23 17:54:27 2011
Bglmanx disconnected prematurely

couatl v2.0 (build 2255)
panic log started on Thu Dec 29 07:17:25 2011

couatl v2.0 (build 2255)
panic log started on Thu Dec 29 07:52:27 2011

Kyle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 02:27:03 am »
That file doesn't relate to this, since it show only problems happened in December, well before GSX was released.

Contact me via PM, I'll let you test a special diagnostic version that will hopefully produce more information.

kbutterfield

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 03:25:29 am »
PM sent.

I'll be back on tomorrow to hopefully figure this out.

Thanks again

Kyle

kbutterfield

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 08:08:35 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Still trying to get this to work. I believe it has something to do with the new addon manager freezing when trying to load GSX. According to the couatl.log file, it stops when trying to load GSX. With the old one, it either says GSX not installed or if GSX is installed, gives the loading error messages in the log file I posted above.  I installed the KLAX v2.0 demo and it works. It must be using the old addon manager file.

I just noticed that during the installation of GSX when it comes to the Microsoft visuals files, it goes fast, like it is not installing them. Do I need to delete the existing ones and let it install fresh versions?

Still waiting for your special test version.

I feel comfortable about purchasing KLAX since I can get it to work, but still hoping I can purhase GSX.

Thanks

Kyle.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 08:10:39 pm by kbutterfield »

DiBarkis

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 08:32:21 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Still trying to get this to work. I believe it has something to do with the new addon manager freezing when trying to load GSX. According to the couatl.log file, it stops when trying to load GSX. With the old one, it either says GSX not installed or if GSX is installed, gives the loading error messages in the log file I posted above.  I installed the KLAX v2.0 demo and it works. It must be using the old addon manager file.

I just noticed that during the installation of GSX when it comes to the Microsoft visuals files, it goes fast, like it is not installing them. Do I need to delete the existing ones and let it install fresh versions?

Still waiting for your special test version.

I feel comfortable about purchasing KLAX since I can get it to work, but still hoping I can purhase GSX.

Thanks

Kyle.

The exact same is happening to me. I even noticed that my windows firewall was on, and thought to myself "I finally nailed it!" First I added 'couatl.exe' to the list of allowed files, no joy, then I disabled windows firewall entirely, still no luck. But when I remove both GSX and the New addon manager, and then remove and reinstall KLAX, KLAX becomes 100% ok, plus all others (I bought KLAX, KDFW, KORD and KLAS).

One other thing I noticed was that whenever I have GSX and/or the addon manager installed, Both the 'addon manager' and the 'couatl powered products' appear on the menu the first time I run fsx (but the submenu for the couatl... don't work, you click them and nothing happens), but when I run fsx again, the 'couatl powered products' is absent. Finally I found out that this was because even after closing FSX, couatl is still running under 'processes' in the task manager, it never gets closed by itself unless you you reboot or log off and back on You have to close it manually with 'end process'. If you do this, then the 'couatl powered...' menu reappears in FSX.

kbutterfield

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 09:02:12 pm »
I've done this but I still can't get the options in the menu to work or have any of my buildings show up with the new add on manager.

Have you got yours to work?

Kyle

DiBarkis

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 09:52:45 pm »
I've done this but I still can't get the options in the menu to work or have any of my buildings show up with the new add on manager.

Have you got yours to work?

Kyle

Not yet. The other airports only work if I uninstall the Addon Manager and GSX, and also uninstall KLAX  and then when I reinstall KLAX, it restores the other airports I have, but I don't have GSX. Problem is, I already bought it because all other addons (airports) have always worked for me. I wish someone comes up with a solution because I was really looking forward this. I'm not giving up, though

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 10:09:34 pm »
You can try the Simconnect diagnostic, to see if it starts or not:

Open Notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic messages: the FIRST 10 lines or so are important: you should try to note what they are saying. If the text scrolls too fast, use the Pause key on the keyboard.

DiBarkis

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 11:04:32 pm »
You can try the Simconnect diagnostic, to see if it starts or not:

Open Notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic messages: the FIRST 10 lines or so are important: you should try to note what they are saying. If the text scrolls too fast, use the Pause key on the keyboard.

This is what I get when I run the diagnostic, and then FSX gets a fatal error. But if I remove the SIMCONNECT.INI from the 'flight simulator X files' folder, FSX opens normally
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:12:16 pm by Smasher77th »

DiBarkis

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 11:16:47 pm »
I'm gonna remove GSX, AddonManagerX and KLAX, then I'll reinstall KLAX to restore the Buildings, and finally I"ll reinstall AddonManagerX without GSX, just to check if the problem is with them both, or just GSX. I'll get back to you on that. I'll also try to run SIMCONNECT.INI immediately after installing KLAX, just to see if there is any difference before reinstalling the Addon Manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 11:19:27 pm »
This is what I get when I run the diagnostic, and then FSX gets a fatal error. But if I remove the SIMCONNECT.INI from the 'flight simulator X files' folder, FSX opens normally

This is interesting, and explains a lot of things. Your log doesn't show any loading problems with Couatl (it's the line that ends with 2.0.0.2090 in your screenshot), if there were an error, we should have seen something related to it.

Instead, if I understand correctly, the VERY act of trying to diagnose Simconnect, will make it FSX crashing ? The Simconnect diagnostic is a basic feature of it, if FSX crashes simply be enabling its diagnostic, it seems that Simconnect itself has been corrupted somehow.

In any case, I don't see the Addon Manager (bglmanx.dll) line, it's all of the diagnostic, of there's something more ?

DiBarkis

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 11:36:06 pm »

This is interesting, and explains a lot of things. Your log doesn't show any loading problems with Couatl (it's the line that ends with 2.0.0.2090 in your screenshot), if there were an error, we should have seen something related to it.

Instead, if I understand correctly, the VERY act of trying to diagnose Simconnect, will make it FSX crashing ? The Simconnect diagnostic is a basic feature of it, if FSX crashes simply be enabling its diagnostic, it seems that Simconnect itself has been corrupted somehow.

In any case, I don't see the Addon Manager (bglmanx.dll) line, it's all of the diagnostic, of there's something more ?

Now, this is what I get when I remove GSX and AddonManagerX (I reinstalled KLAX). Also, FSX crashes too:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 11:41:55 pm »
Now, this is what I get when I remove GSX and AddonManagerX (I reinstalled KLAX). Also, FSX crashes too:

But you haven't really removed them, KLAX has reinstalled them and, since it gets the files online, they are the same that GSX installs. It's possible something happened while downloading.

Try this, reinstall GSX, and after it has been installed, download the following file:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx.dll

and put it into the FSX root folder, overwriting the one that is already there and try if it works. If it doesn't, try with this one instead:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/6195/bglmanx.dll

kbutterfield

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 11:52:09 pm »
Here is a copy of mine with the lastest addon manager and GSX installed. It does show that bglmanx.dll has loaded.

I've also tried the 2 additional files with no luck.

Side question,  I know longer use UT traffic. How can I delete that from trying to load?