Author Topic: GSX -> Duplicate AFCADs for KFLL and LSGG?  (Read 5948 times)

jordanal

GSX -> Duplicate AFCADs for KFLL and LSGG?
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:36:48 pm »
Hi Umberto,
I just ran my FSX Airport Scanner utility (looks for duplicate AFCADs) for the first time since installing GSX earlier this month.  The utility is reporting that my FSDT LSGG and KFLL folders have duplicate AFCADs.  Since the only thing I have used on these older FSDT airports recenlty is GSX, it would appear the GSX AFCADs are named differently than the originals, thereby creating duplicates.  The original AFCAD files start with AP_ where the new files start with AFX_.  Should I manually remove the older AP_ AFCAD and/or CVX_ files at this time?  If necessary, will this be fixed in GSX?  Thanks and regards,

Add/Remove programs reports:
FSDT Geneva FSX 1.3.2
FSDT Fort Luaderdale-Hollywood fSX 1.2.6
FSDT GSX 1.1

Regards,
Al

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: GSX -> Duplicate AFCADs for KFLL and LSGG?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:45:06 pm »
If you aren't having problems, I'd leave things alone.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

jordanal

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 07:25:38 pm »
Having duplicate AFCADs is always a problem and according to FSX Scanner, they have identical AFCAD features such Runways, Navaids, etc..
Regards,
Al

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 08:48:26 pm »
Having duplicate AFCADs is always a problem and according to FSX Scanner, they have identical AFCAD features such Runways, Navaids, etc..

Al, the same thing happened to me and your right, you shouldn't have duplicate ADE's.

So, all you need to do is either remove or rename the older afcads named AP_KFLL.bgl and AP_LSGG.bgl to .bak or .off, either way will work, or just remove them. Now, if you have customized either of the ADE's your renaming/removing, then you'll have to either make those changes to the newer ADE's called AFX, or just use the newer ones. Keep in mind that GSX is looking for the ADE's with the new names, so if you work on the new ones, make sure to keep the names the same.

Like you, I had dups in both KFLL and LSGG as well, but renaming them fixed it for me, but I had some custom excludes in the older KFLL ADE I was using to get rid of the ships and cranes and will have to put those into the newer ADE that is now included.

For whatever reason, FSDT had gone from naming the ADE's as AP_XXXX to AFX_XXXX when they customized the airports for GSX and hence the reason you have dups and the installer didn't rename them like it did for all the other airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 08:53:29 pm »
It's best if you remove the duplicates, it would have been done automatically if you uninstalled the sceneries before reinstalling.

Running the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager will also remove these duplicate files automatically, if it finds them.

jordanal

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 08:56:42 pm »
Yup, that's what I fully intend to do and you're right, it's a very simple matter of file extension renaming.  I just wanted to give Umberto the oportunity to respond to the conflict, if for nothing else, to realize that the original files were not being updated.  No big deal, I just wanted to be sure there wasn't some underlying reason for this from a FSDT point of view.
Regards,
Al

jordanal

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 08:57:38 pm »
It's best if you remove the duplicates, it would have been done automatically if you uninstalled the sceneries before reinstalling.

Running the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager will also remove these duplicate files automatically, if it finds them.

Roger that - will do.  Oh, does that include removing the original CVX_ files as well?
Regards,
Al

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 10:25:59 pm »
I just ran the addon manager, and it didn't remove them, so I question them being duplicates.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock