Author Topic: missing ground textures  (Read 12991 times)

cosnowboarder_777

missing ground textures
« on: February 03, 2012, 05:53:24 am »
I'm not sure how this happened because it has worked just fine until now, but for some reason the ground textures have seemed to disappeared.  I tried uninstalling it and even downloading a new copy and i can't seem to figure out how to fix it.  Maybe someone else can shed some light.  (I apologize if this has already been posted I searched first and didn't find anything.)

John
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:56:36 am by cosnowboarder_777 »
John Bauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: missing ground textures
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:26:01 am »
Download and install the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, should fix this.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:26:30 pm »
Thanks for the response Umberto, I thought I had the latest stand alone managaer.  That definitely fixed the problem, thanks again!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:48:27 pm by cosnowboarder_777 »
John Bauer

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 05:07:07 pm »
Umberto, what does the Stand-Alone Addon Manager do exactly? 
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 05:13:46 pm »
Umberto, what does the Stand-Alone Addon Manager do exactly? 

Not so much these days, it mainly helps Couatl getting data from FSX that couldn't be retrieved via Simconnect, since Couatl couldn't do that, being an external .EXE.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 06:03:14 pm »
Ok thanks for your info.  :)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Naji

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 05:28:34 pm »
Hello Umberto.

I am having the same problem as the OP, and unfortunately re-downloading the latest version of the Addon Manager hasn't solved it for me, neither re-installing the scenery. Any other ideas please?

Kind regards
Naji

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 05:39:26 pm »
neither re-installing the scenery. Any other ideas please?

Reinstalling the scenery will cause the problem to appear. If you are missing *only* ground textures, but all the rest is showing normally (buildings, etc.) it means you haven't installed the Addon Manager AFTER the scenery, as requested.

If you reinstall the scenery, you have to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER the scenery, with the scenery installed, even if you already installed the latest Addon Manager before.

This is confirmed to be fixed if you are missing *only* ground textures. If you are missing the whole scenery, that's an entirely different issue that doesn't have anything to do with this thread, and it's best being covered in another thread.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:46:43 pm by virtuali »

Naji

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 05:45:16 pm »
Wow, thanks for a fast response.

I will re-download and re-install the Addon Manager right now and let you know.

Naji

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 05:59:53 pm »
Ok done it, still the problem persists: as in the OP screenshot, greenish band shows around the runway and taxiway; all other aspects of the scenery show perfectly.

The whole scenery appears to have installed properly except for the texture around the runway/taxiway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 06:28:37 pm »
Ok done it, still the problem persists: as in the OP screenshot, greenish band shows around the runway and taxiway; all other aspects of the scenery show perfectly.

I'm sorry, but this can only happen if you haven't installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after the scenery, or reinstalled the scenery after the Addon Manager.

Naji

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 06:39:59 pm »
I've re-installed the Addon Manager last, Umberto, and that fixed the textures in Dallas underpass, but not in KLAX. The only thing that showed after re-installation of the Addon Manager in LA is the yellow lines on the green band around the runway. But the green band is still there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:45:49 pm by Naji »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 06:46:23 pm »
I've re-installed it, Umberto, and that fixed the textures in Dallas underpass, but not in KLAX. The only thing that showed after re-installation of the Addon Manager in LA is the yellow lines on the green band around the runway. But the green band is still there.

This can only happen if you had Dallas installed but not KLAX when you installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. I repeat and confirm the problem doesn't happen here, and the other user fixed it.

Naji

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 07:08:07 pm »
I repeat and confirm that the standalone Addon Manager was installed last for both KLAX and KDFW. In my case the green band persists. Is it possible to install that missing texture independently? or are they several textures as to make this impractical?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 08:37:06 pm »
And I repeat and confirm this doesn't happen here, and it doesn't happen to anyone, and the only one that had it, fixed it by doing this.

[qutoe]Is it possible to install that missing texture independently? [/quote]

You are not missing a texture, you have a file that comes with the updated Stand-Alone Addon Manager that is outdated, but installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager will updated it for sure, unless something wrong in your system is preventing this, for example, permission problems in your FSX folder.

Check the filesize of the following file: FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\KLAX\__init__.pye