Author Topic: Missing Jetways  (Read 9983 times)

Fall_Guy

Missing Jetways
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:16:08 pm »
Hi There,

Just an observation, for some reason when I park at EGCC (Manchester UK2000 scenery extreme) the jetway associated with that parking, as well as the one TWO parking spots away from where ever I park my aircraft are missing.

any ideas!

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Jetways
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:20:18 pm »
Please read here first:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5466.msg49636#msg49636

Your problem could be related to AES, that is excluding the scenery jetways, but is not running or not enabled for some reason ?

Fall_Guy

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 10:45:47 pm »
Hi,

Thanks...... Ive read your link.

First  I UNCHECKED AES in my FSX scenery folder (but still missing jetways)

and then uninstalled AES (but still missing jetways)

After several test the missing jetways ONLY appear to be missing at EGCC.  Ive tried EGKK and there fine and work as expected, but at Heathrow EGLL ALL the jetways are present but there ALL BLACK in colour.  Ill post on Garys UK200 forums and see if he can suggest anything.  I will report any findings.

Manys thanks again for excellent support.

studentpilot55

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:10:01 am »
Hello in Honolulu the Jetway that I select as well as a couple (1-2) Jetways next to me are not visible just boxes like they have been cutoff. My Jetways also don't work when I hit the fsx hot key. I have AES installed but I have all of my FSDT airports inactive.
Intel i5-2500K @ 4.7GHZ
12GB Ram
W7-64bit
256GB-SSD
750W Powersupply
nVidia GTX 460 1GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:23:49 am »
If you don't see jetways, it's because AES is still excluding them. Try to disable the AES scenery layer in the library, and see if they reappear.

studentpilot55

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 03:10:42 am »
If you don't see jetways, it's because AES is still excluding them. Try to disable the AES scenery layer in the library, and see if they reappear.
Will do.
Intel i5-2500K @ 4.7GHZ
12GB Ram
W7-64bit
256GB-SSD
750W Powersupply
nVidia GTX 460 1GB

WebMaximus

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 01:27:23 am »
If you have UTX Europe installed start the setup tool for UTX Europe and then under the Terrain menu you'll find an option to exclude airports that have been repositioned by UTX Europe. Exclude Manchester in that list and your jetways will be back.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:06:41 am by WebMaximus »
Richard Åsberg

Fall_Guy

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 03:33:09 pm »
Hi There,

Thanks for the info, however I do not have UTX of any kind installed.

Ive posted a thread with Gary over at UK2000 for him to have alook at it, hopefully he may have a better idea of what maybe causing the issue.

Many Thanks

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 04:03:33 pm »
I think the issue may be Gary's installer... it gives you a series of check boxes, and if you check the one for having AES support, I suspect it skips installing Gary's jetways.  Run the installer again and leave the AES box unchecked, see if that solves it.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

WebMaximus

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 04:44:21 pm »
Can't remember I had a checkbox for AES but hope you're able to have the jetways back. I do have UTX Europe installed and had the exact same problem and solved it using the method I mentioned above.

Another thing you might try is to disable any other UK2000 sceneries you might have installed and see what happens. If that gives you the Manchester jetways back you can try enabling the other sceneries again one by one and then maybe try change the order of the sceneries in the FSX scenery library.

Good luck!
Richard Åsberg

Fall_Guy

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 03:58:55 pm »
Hi guys

Problem Solved!...........................after a fare bit of tinkering I managed to get the jetways to appear by setting my FSX/Custom, Scenery Density settings to Extreme Density (before they were set to VERY dense).  anyhows it seems to have solved all the problems, just thought you may like to know.

Many thanks for your support.

WebMaximus

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 04:01:15 pm »
That's great news you found the culprit and were able to fix it :)
Richard Åsberg