Author Topic: Scripting Error  (Read 6952 times)

Fall_Guy

Scripting Error
« on: February 02, 2012, 06:58:39 pm »
Hi Guys,

I cant seem to get far enough into using GSX without receiving the following error message:

"The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart.

Please download and install the latest stand alone Addon Manager."

The version I currently have installed is 2.9.0.1

Im using Level D 767 at KLAX .........in  FSX

Many Thanks for your help
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scripting Error
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:06:20 pm »
Have you tried to do what the message suggests ?

Please download and install the latest stand alone Addon Manager."

This happens because you installed a scenery after GSX. Until we'll update all the scenery installers, if you need to reinstall a scenery for any reason, you'll have to reinstall the Stand alone Addon Manager after GSX. Use only the installer that is currently online now.

Yes, the Addon Manager version you have is the most current one ( can't be anything else, since it's downloaded at every installation), but you the the Stand Alone Addon Manager INSTALLER to update other files too, IF you reinstalled a scenery after GSX.

Fall_Guy

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 09:30:34 pm »
Many Thanks for the reply

Ive done as you suggest and it now works fine.

Cheers

x4457

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:41:00 pm »
Can I piggy back onto this and ask how exactly I would go about fixing this? I am usually good at fixing stuff like this, but I am stumped in this case. Any help is appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 12:08:18 am »
Reinstall either the Stand-Alone Addon Manager (using the current installer, not an old version you might have) OR GSX itself, after you reinstalled a scenery.

x4457

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 05:15:44 am »
Should I re-install over the top or should I uninstall first? Also, is there an automatic uninstaller for GSX/SA Addon Manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 10:15:49 am »
There's no need to uninstall first, we would advice it clearly if there was. The Uninstaller for the Addon Manager is in the Windows Control Panel, under the Add/Remove Programs section, as standard with any Windows program.

x4457

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 02:16:15 am »
Okay, so here is what I discovered. I went to make a full uninstall of Addon Manager/Virtuali and I found that I had version 2.9.0.1 installed AS WELL AS version 2.8.0.0 for some reason. I went ahead and uninstalled both and re installed the Stand Alone Addon Manager from a fresh download. I ran another test at EDDM requesting a follow me car to the gate and had the same scripting error occur. Just thought that I would update!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 08:26:42 am »
It's not really possible you could have two Addon Manager installed at the same time because, when you install it, the new version replaces the old one, even in the Windows Control Panel.

And, that error means that you still have something not updated, most likely you have an old version of Couatl.exe, which is not normally possible, since that one is downloaded online too.

However, it's possible your antivirus has blocked the download of the current version. Check the fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couat.exe it's version 2.0.0.2090.

x4457

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 04:25:53 am »

However, it's possible your antivirus has blocked the download of the current version.

It turns out that this whole process was user error. For some reason, my brain was not working correctly and I kept downloading the Stand Alone Addon Manager instead of the GSX full install. I apologize for the inconvenience and I thank you for your excellent service. I will be buying the full product when I have clearance from my financial advisor with no hesitation! Keep up the good work!