Author Topic: Uninstalling stand-Alone Manager  (Read 2963 times)

hopskip

Uninstalling stand-Alone Manager
« on: February 02, 2012, 01:37:48 pm »
i'v just bought GSX and on installation the Couatl program has dissapeared from the menu and all the buildings at KORD, KJFK etc etc have dissapeared.

On other threads the traditional response appears to be:

Uninstall Stand-Alone Addon Manager
Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

Turn off Anti-Virus programs.

Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF.

This is all well and fine, but I have the following issue:

HOW do you uninstall Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Running the program gives you the option to INSTALL the program (after it downloads all 4.44mb of itself again) during which I am getting errors of certain dll files being in use.
There is no Uninstall program here which asks you if you want to remove the Addon Manager yes/no or Couatl Engline yes/no.

Going to Add/remove Programs list in Control Panel shows no entries under Addon Manager, FSDT, fsdreamteam or Couatl.
I cannot find an add/remove program in C:(etc)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl either.

How does one uninstall Stand-Alone Manager so I can install it?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:39:24 pm by hopskip »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Uninstalling stand-Alone Manager
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:14:02 pm »
Going to Add/remove Programs list in Control Panel shows no entries under Addon Manager, FSDT, fsdreamteam or Couatl.

It's named "VIRTUALI Addon Manager", so it's towards the end of the list.

It's named as such because it's not just FSDT using it, but also Cloud9, FlightBeam, Qualitywings and even Aerosoft (just for one product, but stil...) and it doesn't always come together with Couatl (like in the QW757).

hopskip

Re: Uninstalling stand-Alone Manager
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 08:10:38 am »
Thanks for your help. Found it. All fixed now.