Author Topic: Couatl menu disappeared?  (Read 24068 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl menu disappeared?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 08:57:52 pm »
Maybe it's another module that is casing this conflict.

Try this:

- Open your DLL.XML file at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML with a text editor like Notepad

- Disable ALL the modules EXCEPT the Addon Manager  ( just change <Disabled>False</Disabled> to <Disabled>True</Disabled> in their lines ), then launch FSX and check everything is alright.

- Then, enable each module ONE BY ONE, launch FSX, check, exit, then enable the next one, until you'll eventually find which is the conflicting one.

You might have to do the same for the EXE.XML file at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML

In this case, disable everything except couatl.exe

Scottn92

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 09:10:43 pm »
Yes I am getting the same problem.  It was working fine but today I have no menu :/

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 09:12:37 pm »
We are discussing a crash of the VC++ library, just "no menu", it's a different problem. Have you rebooted Windows ?

Scottn92

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 09:27:01 pm »
yes, a number of times

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 09:50:53 pm »
Try this:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions. DON'T skip this.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

NOTE if you are being asked permission to run the Addon Manager and Coautl modules.

ericdfs

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 09:53:05 pm »
I uninstalled the Microsoft Visual C + + 2005, then my scenery "KLAS" and GSX! I reinstalled my scenery and then "GSX" and automatically MV2005C + +. And now I no longer have this error message at the launch of FSX. good point

My problem now is that I can not have "couatl" from the menu "supplements" of fsx ... So I can not use "GSX" "PARK ME" etc..

However the addon manager appears.

What can I do to restore "couatl" in supplements?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 09:57:33 pm »
What can I do to restore "couatl" in supplements

This looks more like an antivirus problem, see the message above this one how to deal with it.

Scottn92

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 11:44:00 pm »
ok I tried the above but no joy.  I have "addon manager" but not "Couatl powered products" :(  I don't understand

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 11:46:59 pm »
ok I tried the above but no joy.  I have "addon manager" but not "Couatl powered products" :(  I don't understand

If you are sure to have done everything exactly, including this

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions. DON'T skip this.

Have you noticed if you have been asked permission to run the Couatl script engine when you launched FSX after reinstalling it ? If you are not sure, do it again from the start and note this.

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 12:25:16 am »
I also had Airbus X but i recently uninstalled it because it had a lot of problems. I don't think it was caused by this though because all of my FSDT products worked fine until just a couple of days ago when I started up FSX. Airbus x did leave some stuff behind in the dll.xml in %appdata%. Does Couatl have something to do with this Umberto?

Thanks

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 12:26:48 am »
I also had Airbus X but i recently uninstalled it because it had a lot of problems. I don't think it was caused by this though because all of my FSDT products worked fine until just a couple of days ago when I started up FSX. Airbus x did leave some stuff behind in the dll.xml in %appdata%. Does Couatl have something to do with this Umberto?

Thanks

oops...didn't see the second page :-[

MQT66J

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 12:54:16 am »
Hello,

I experienced the same problem, and I think it has something to do with administrator rights und user access control - at least in my case.

Running FSX on a Win7/64 machine with UAC on (second notch from top), I'm using two accounts on this PC: an administrator account for installing and sometimes for testing, and an restricted account for normal flying.

I experienced exactly the same problems as described when running FSX in the administrator account (reinstalling of the Visual C++ 2005 libraries didn't help). When running FSX in the restricted account everything seems to be O.K.

??? Normally that's the other way round: No problems when logged in as admin, but problems when restricted …  ;)

I've solved the problem by giving explicite admin rights to <FSX-folder>\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe - since then I never had the problem again under the admin account, and there are no additional issues under the restricted account, as far as I can see in the moment.

You may try to solve it by right-clicking on the .exe-file and open the properties, then switch on "run program as admin" in the compatibility tab.

But I prefer the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit, which is a much more powerful tool to solve problems caused by the UAC or restricted accounts.

You can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=7352

Some helpful instructions you can find here, but they're in German - but I'm sure you can find something like this in English in the net, if you can't read German …  :) http://www.winfaq.de/faq_html/Content/tip2500/onlinefaq.php?h=tip2534.htm

I used the RunAsAdmin- and the RunAsInvoker-option (which turns UAC off for an individual application) for couatl.exe

Maybe this could help you.

Regards

Scottn92

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 12:57:39 am »
Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions. DON'T skip this.
Ok this has worked for me, I am seeing the menu and everything, However, I have a new problem.  When the ground crew ask me if I am ready for a push back, as soon as I press yes all the vehicles and people vanish?

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 01:46:47 am »
Hi Umberto,

Great news, I got Couatl to work by running couatl.exe as an administrator. Couatl works when I do this but I can only open couatl externally now. How can I make it inside FSX but still be run as administrator?

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 02:13:54 am »
However, I have a new problem.  When the ground crew ask me if I am ready for a push back, as soon as I press yes all the vehicles and people vanish?

That message doesn't expect you to say a Yes or a No. If it were, it would have opened the menu with Yes/no automatically. You are not supposed to reply to that question, it's just a way to get your attention.

BUT, since you thought you had to reply, and pressed CTRL+F12, at that stage the only option available is the request to CANCEL the Pushback (the Window Title says "Cancel Pushback" !!) with Yes meaning "Yes, I want to Cancel Pushback" and No meaning "No, I've changed my mind, I don't want to cancel pushback"

So, people vanished when you said Yes, because you said Yes to Cancel the Pushback.