Author Topic: Couatl menu disappeared?  (Read 24071 times)

JaJatheJetPlane

Couatl menu disappeared?
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:27:36 am »
Hi Virtuali,

I just bought GSX yesterday. AMAZING product ;D, it adds so much realism to the game. Just one thing though, yesterday I tested it out, it worked great, and I shut down my computer. Today, I went to play FSX again and for some reason the Couatl menu is gone and ctrl + F12 doesn't work :-\. The addon manager shows that it is installed and active, so i'm not sure what happened. I didn't do anything to my computer or FSX besides shut it down.

Any Ideas?

Thank You!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl menu disappeared?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:29:20 am »
Try to exit from FSX, reboot Windows and see if it works.

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:06:47 am »
Hi Umberto, I tried rebooting but that didn't seem to help. I did notice some kind of runtime error on startup though. This happened both times, do you think it's related to couatl?

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:15:33 am »
Ok, the message I get is

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I get this error about 30 seconds after FSX loads up and I noticed that the Couatl menu is there before I get the error, and then disappears.

Thank You!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 01:12:16 pm »
This seems to indicate your Visual C++ libraries are missing/corrupt or not the right version. Try the following:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the instances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update and update everything, including the optional downloads.

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 10:37:27 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for the quick response. These are the programs I found in the control panel:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.3...
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.3...
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0....

I have Windows 7 64 bit. Which of these should I delete/reinstall?

Thank You!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 10:55:58 pm »
Remove all the 32 bit versions of the 2005 runtimes, and download and reinstall all the 32 bit versions of the 2005 runtimes.

Yes, 32 bit even if you use Windows 7 x64, the 64 bit versions are only needed by 64 bit apps, and FSX is still a 32 bit app.

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 12:36:28 am »
Thanks Umberto, I uninstalled both of the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 Redistributable programs and downloaded the programs from the links you posted. Unfortunately I still get the error message and couatl crashes. Do you know how this was caused? Because it was working fine one day, and I instantly get the error the next day :-\

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 12:38:02 am »
Try a Windows Update after you installed those runtimes, it's likely it will find updated versions/fixes, and install all the optional downloads too, sometimes the VC++ libraries are being fixed even by other things that seems unrelated, like .NET, etc.

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 07:46:46 am »
No luck. This time the couatl updater popped up immediately and when I clicked "update" I got the runtime error again. The update still installed, but when it was done, the "Couatl powered products" option was gone :(. I probably didn't get the error from updating because it happened at around the same time that it usually does.

Thanks Umberto

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 07:55:12 am »
I've used FSDT sceneries for a long time with no problems, so do you think uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything would help? I tried reinstalling both GSX and KLAX but my couatl problem wasn't solved. I also tried updating the stand-alone addon manager, and that didn't help either. I'm really not sure what the problem could be.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 11:02:07 am »
I don't think that installing sceneries again would made any difference, their installer downloads online the same version of the Addon Manager that GSX uses.

There must be a problem with some system library instead that has gone missing, so you might have to repair FSX instead.

But, before doing that, try to remove the FSX.CFG at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX and let FSX rebuild a new default one from scratch, sometimes it helps.

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 04:05:06 pm »
I will try that. It wont affect any of my aircraft add-ons will it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 04:07:08 pm »

Surely not, it will just restore all your graphic setting as default, your startup flight, etc.

ericdfs

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 08:40:04 pm »

Surely not, it will just restore all your graphic setting as default, your startup flight, etc.

Hello Virtuali, I tried your advice, delete FSX.CFG but the problem persists. I really do not know what it may come I have not changed my setup however I have a feeling that this problem appeared after installing X Aerosoft AirbusX.
Help me please!