Author Topic: Wrong Pushback Sequence  (Read 9209 times)

mroschk

Wrong Pushback Sequence
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:44:36 pm »
Hi Forum, Hi virtuali,

after my first impressions with GSX i want to say something:

I installed GSX, locate my Standard FSX B738 at EDDM Gate.
Then i ask for Deboarding ... ok, here comes a invisible Truck , holds on beside my Airplain and thats it. After some secunds i receive a message Boarding complite ... ???
Ok, can be a Mistake from my side, no problem.

But now i ask for the Pushback , the most important for me, and it comes ... i think .. OK, cool.
Brekes set, Pin installed...pusback...all OK, but then:

Pushback finished...set Brakes .. ok.

Truck and Pin disconnected .. also ok....

Then release parking brakes ?????????????????????????????
Remember .. the Pushback and the Ramp Guy stays at this time in FROMT of the Airplane !!!

Thats a ABSOLUTE MISTAKE !

The Ramp Guy lost his Job after that.

Matthias

Anders Bermann

Re: Wrong Pushback Sequence
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:40:24 pm »
I don't exactly understand what you experienced... But are you sure, that you were parked at a gate, not at an airplane stand, where it would be possible to drive "straight ahead"... in that case, a pushback as such, would not be necessary... :)
Best regards, Anders

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:44:47 pm »
I installed GSX, locate my Standard FSX B738 at EDDM Gate.Then i ask for Deboarding ... ok, here comes a invisible Truck , holds on beside my Airplain and thats it. After some secunds i receive a message Boarding complite ... ???

What do you mean with "an invisible truck" ?

I haven't quite understood much how what you wrote here. Can you please describe, in plain English, what you are seeing now, and what and how you think should be changed into ?

blk137

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 11:02:24 pm »
ive had this problem too, how can i make my deboarding last alot longer?

Blake

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:05:00 pm »
Read the manual, there's a paragraph named "Customizing GSX", that deals exactly with that. Right now you'll have to edit a text file, we might add a GUI later on, but you can customize operation times as you wish.

Barnes

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 01:59:15 am »

I haven't quite understood much how what you wrote here. Can you please describe, in plain English, what you are seeing now, and what and how you think should be changed into ?

I think he means that it seems wrong for the marshaller to tell the pilot to release the parking brakes at the end of the pushback cycle while he and the tug driver are still in front of the aircraft. The pilot should probably be allowed to keep the parking brakes on until the ground crew have left the area in front of the aircraft.

Dave

P.S. - Loving this product so far!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:06:23 am by Barnes »

mroschk

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:38:52 am »
Hello,

thats what i write above.

Matthias

I think he means that it seems wrong for the marshaller to tell the pilot to release the parking brakes at the end of the pushback cycle while he and the tug driver are still in front of the aircraft. The pilot should probably be allowed to keep the parking brakes on until the ground crew have left the area in front of the aircraft.

Dave

P.S. - Loving this product so far!

mroschk

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 09:03:39 am »
I don't exactly understand what you experienced... But are you sure, that you were parked at a gate, not at an airplane stand, where it would be possible to drive "straight ahead"... in that case, a pushback as such, would not be necessary... :)

:-) yes i am sure my AC is parked at the Gate  ::)

Also i need a turn during the Pushback, but why is no Pushback needed for a straight pushback way ???
Will you use the reverser or the reverser gear lik in your private car  ??? :D ??

Matthias

mroschk

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 09:08:32 am »
What do you mean with "an invisible truck" ?

I dont remember exactly, but i think it was the refuling truck.
This one is partially transparent.

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 11:56:01 am »
Do you have the "Advanced Animations" option enabled in the FSX graphic settings ? Without that enable, nothing will work, not even default jetways.

mroschk

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 01:04:12 pm »
Do you have the "Advanced Animations" option enabled in the FSX graphic settings ? Without that enable, nothing will work, not even default jetways.

quick .. yes i have ( the FSX not only since yesterday :-) )

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 01:05:58 pm »
Then the transparent vehicles problem can only be a graphic setting or a video driver bug.

Try to remove your FSX.CFG at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG, and let it rebuild a new one with all default setting.

mroschk

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 01:12:33 pm »
Then the transparent vehicles problem can only be a graphic setting or a video driver bug.

Try to remove your FSX.CFG at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG, and let it rebuild a new one with all default setting.

as i explained before .. that all is not the problem. I can try to solve this when i am back at home.

( what about my private message ? )

Matthias

wiqvist

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 07:47:13 pm »
Except for some small issues(whic is not so strange with a product as should work together with so many airports and aircraft's), so is this actually the only negative I have to say about GSX.

When I the first time had been pushed back and the ground crew told me to "release parkingbrake", I waited for them to leave the front of the aircraft and go to the side where the gate was, which is how it should be done. But they did not leave and I had to release the brakes with them in front of me, and it is a no, no,  to release brakes when you have persons in front of the aircraft. And with for example the Dc-3 it is even worser, you have the tractor under your aircraft, but that I know is cause aircrafts like the Dc-3 is not included in this package but will be looked at in the future. But I hope it soon come an update where this finish is change, cause it is a bit sad that the whole prosedure should end with something unrealistic when everything else have been much more realistic.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:13:57 pm by wiqvist »