Author Topic: Compatibility with Dirk Stuck Design - Ground X Traffic Usa And Europe  (Read 7187 times)

Cmtemariano

Hi there,

I was looking forward to the GSX release, but i'm already using Dirk Stuck Design - Ground X Traffic Usa And Europe Extreme, so here's the question: is there any known incompatibility?

I would easily uninstall it if you say i would need nothing else other than GSX to handle all my ground traffic in any FSX airport (default ou 3rd party)

Regards.

Fabio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Compatibility with Dirk Stuck Design - Ground X Traffic Usa And Europe
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:10:02 pm »
I think that product it's just a collection of alternative models that replace the default ones so, there shouldn't be any specific problems, since GSX removes every default ground vehicle placed on a parking as soon you select it.

The only thing that *might* cause a problem, is that this product will probably alter the default airport vehicles .BGL file, located at FSX\Scenery\Global\Scenery\vehicles_airport.bgl

Since the GSX installer patches it, in order to disable the default Pushback tractor (which can't be disabled in any other way, the Pushback it's a special case), it's likely it will have troubles patching the file which is not original anymore, so you'll might get a warning by the installer that patching was unsuccessful, and you'll still see default Pushback vehicles or, more likely, their replacements.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:13:13 pm by virtuali »

Travis

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:38:03 pm »
I use the Dirk Stuck models for Europe / US / rest of the world, and on my inital two tests of GSX I see plenty of DSD ground traffic moving around in other parking areas.  No problems in that regard - although I've not used any of the installers/uninstallers, etc.
travis@aivlasoft.com
travis@fscaptain.net

Plexi1

• FS-Flightcrew.de
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 09:10:20 am »
It works with Dirk Stuck Ground Traffic but the pushback truck does not disappear and I now have two at the same time although the one from Dirk Stuck does not move because it only reacts on the default key combination.

I really hope that there will be a solution for this problem soon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:55:01 am »
Yes, we believe to have found what the only possible issue could be. We'll likely update the installer with a specific patch for that modified vehicles_airport.bgl too, so it would just disable its Pushback cleanly, with all the rest working normally.

JamesChams

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 05:23:40 pm »
Yes, we believe to have found what the only possible issue could be. We'll likely update the installer with a specific patch for that modified vehicles_airport.bgl too, so it would just disable its Pushback cleanly, with all the rest working normally.

Virtuali,
Grazie! ;D

Also, if you could make a checkbox (or something) within the GSX config. setup menus GUI that allow for that to be changed back before/after, say a reinstall of GSX or Ground X Traffic, that would also make it easier to choose where or not one wants to use GSX or GXT at any given airport; especially airports that DO NOT have majority of the services offered by GSX and so one would opt for the default pushback vs. GSX, as an example.  This way you get to have both work independantly and together at each airport and the user gets to choose, if this is possible; is it??? ???

Ciao! :)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams