Author Topic: Just a question  (Read 9068 times)

Slymitch

Just a question
« on: February 01, 2012, 02:54:17 pm »
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to change the different things that approach the aircraft eg. If I activate boarding will I be able to choose which doors are going to have the stairs connected to them. Like a turn on turn off feature that I can enable which doors are being boarded through (stairs connected to)

Thanks, Mitch. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Just a question
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:01:03 pm »
if the airplane is not recognized by GSX, you can use or create an intelliscene file in your aircraft folder (maybe modify one that someone might have made for it), and if you remove a door, GSX will obey and not enable something (like stairs, for example).

If the airplane is recognized by GSX, the intelliscene file will not be read BUT, you can (if you really want, but it's not really suggested) override the GSX internal database and force it to use your intelliscene file, and add the following lines to it:

[couatl]
priority = 3

This will force GSX to use the intelliscene file in the airplane main folder, instead of the internal data, even if the airplane is supported natively by GSX. However, by doing so, you'll lose any additional features that GSX has for some airplanes, like custom doors commands and detection of ground connection so, it's not really recommended.

Slymitch

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:15:59 pm »
If I was using a port which has a jetway that GSX doesn't support, and I wanted to board the aircraft, because it doesn't know there is a jetway there will it automatically put airstairs at the door where the jetway (that GSX hasn't recognized) is?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:20:59 pm »
Yes, as explained in the manual, if the scenery has a visible jetway, but it's just a visual object without being flagged as such in the AFCAD file to be a native FSX jetway, GSX will consider that parking to be in the open, and will put stairs.

Not sure what's happen if you disable the main passenger door, though. The real solution would be fixing the scenery, or at least waiting for us to create a customization file for it.

We are working on an additional solution that, if the airport doesn't have a customization, and a jetway is not found, GSX will ask if you want stairs or not.

Slymitch

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 03:25:13 pm »
If I was to request de-boarding and only open the rear exit door would that fix the issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 03:28:42 pm »
Not really sure, that's why I was wondering if it was possible to disable the main door. You can try.

Slymitch

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 03:32:37 pm »
I don't have it...yet ;), Just one more question which airports have supported docking system's?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 03:36:11 pm »
You're kidding... all this and you haven't even installed the trial version?   ::)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 03:37:17 pm »
Right now, Docking systems are supported by our sceneries only, because we replaced our previous ParkMe function, that has now migrated into GSX, but nothing prevents us to create customization files for 3rd party airports, and place docking systems in those airports too, without having to touch/modify the original scenery and interact with the original developer.

Without any customization, by default GSX always places a marshaller.

As of today, airports that have Docking systems are:

KDFW
KFJK
KLAS
LSGG
LSZH
PHNL
PHOG

Slymitch

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 03:39:45 pm »
Hang on I forgot one more thing will you guys add PPU's?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 03:40:56 pm »

Slymitch

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 03:43:47 pm »
Power pushback unit

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 03:51:32 pm »
Ok, I saw that video before. Doing it right, would be quite complex, since it's an hybrid control method with some things made by the operator and other things controlled by the pilot. We'll think about it.

Slymitch

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 03:53:10 pm »
Yeh, Virgin Australia use them, Thanks for answering my questions.

eskil

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 01:01:55 pm »
Umberto!

About your first reply on this topic: Where is the "GSX internal database" located?