Author Topic: Slight Issue  (Read 7212 times)

TheBladeUk

Slight Issue
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:31:12 pm »
Hi

I am using UK2000 scenery i have disabled AES and im getting this issue with the jetway, the thing is GEX is asking me to open 1L door even though there is no jetway connected and its only using 1 set of cargo loaders?

Thanks

Aaron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Slight Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 12:45:28 pm »
It seems you are missing the original jetways, this is probably because AES is still excluding them, to re-enable them, you should probably disable AES at that airport, not just its vehicles (if you did that using the "disable doors in the intelliscene" trick ).

I believe UK2000 uses proper FSX jetways, so GSX has recognized there is (or was) a real jetway, so it won't generate all 3 stairs but just the rear one, but AES has probably excluded it, so you don't see it.

There's only one cargo loader managed by GSX right now, we might add additional ones in the future so, it's all working as expected.

TheBladeUk

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 12:51:42 pm »
Hi

I did disable it at that airport i even removed AES? also i have just gone to another 3rd party airport MKJP and i choose a Heavy gate and its saying the parking space is to small and i have tried every gate?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 01:00:35 pm »
I did disable it at that airport i even removed AES?

Strange, I surely don't think the scenery was made like that, something is still excluding its original jetways.

in any case, it's not really a GSX issue, you need to find the .BGL that is excluding the jetways. I still think the most likely cause is the AES Scenery Area layer that is doing this, since it looks like a precise exclusion of jetways only (which is what AES does), rather than a generic AFCAD conflict, that removes things at random.

also i have just gone to another 3rd party airport MKJP and i choose a Heavy gate and its saying the parking space is to small and i have tried every gate?

Regardless of how the parking space is labeled, it doesn't really matter, what counts is the Parking Radius that have been specified in the AFCAD of that airport. GSX just look at that one, and compares it with half of the wingspan of your own airplane, and if the parking radius is smaller, it will say that parking is too small for your airplane.

GSX can't obviously know if that parking space really has "space", and the scenery developer put a smaller radius for some specific reason, or the parking is *really* small, so it can't have any other choice than to take the information about the radius found in the AFCAD to be correct.

Of course, you can fix all parking spot radius quite easily with AFCAD editing tools, like ADE or AFX.

TheBladeUk

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 03:18:24 pm »
Hi i have managed to edit the AFCAD but i have have all the boarding and loading and then it says push back is not available from this position? how can i sort this problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 03:23:37 pm »
Hi i have managed to edit the AFCAD but i have have all the boarding and loading and then it says push back is not available from this position? how can i sort this problem?

This because the designer put the Pushback preference of the parking set to "None", so GSX complies with it and disable the Pushback.

Maybe there might be reasons why the pushback was set to None (like a difficult parking or a parking so open that pushback wouldn't be needed anyway), or maybe it was just forgotten, but GSX can't obviously know the difference, so it doesn't have any other choice than to comply.

If you set the Pushback preference to "Left", "Right" or "Both", GSX will use these values to calculate the Pushback path according to these directions.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:51:57 pm by virtuali »

TheBladeUk

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 03:50:33 pm »
All sorted thanks for the help :)