Author Topic: A request for later uppdates..  (Read 7645 times)

eirikc

A request for later uppdates..
« on: February 01, 2012, 04:29:00 pm »
Ive been testing gsx now for a couple of hours at smaller airports.. in my region where i fly the most, its just small airports without gates and that cant land heavy aircraft like the 737 and so on, the only aircraft that land on these airports are dash 8-100`s .. i have a request that while boarding and unboarding at small airports the bus is not an good idea,, when people get off the aircraft they just go straight into the terminal building... when that big bus arrives on gsx now the bus just drives through the buildings and stuff....

Is this possilbe or is it that gsx dont know the differense on big and small airports..?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: A request for later uppdates..
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:35:07 pm »
The bus is determined by your aircraft, smaller Ga aircraft will get a minivan instead.  A Dash 8 holds more passengers than the minivan will accomodate.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:35:46 pm »
GSX doesn't evaluate the airport as being large or small as a whole, but it looks at the parkings.

We can disable the passenger bus at specific gates, via an airport customization, which what we did for some of the small Hawaiian airports, but there isn't a system in place to automatically decide to remove the passenger bus right now. We might think about how to do it.

eirikc

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:37:46 pm »
The bus is determined by your aircraft, smaller Ga aircraft will get a minivan instead.  A Dash 8 holds more passengers than the minivan will accomodate.
Well i was thinking if we got a future uppdate with animated passengers, it will be great if they could walk to the airport building instead of a bus or minivan on small airports..

unity

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:36:07 pm »
We can disable the passenger bus at specific gates, via an airport customization, which what we did for some of the small Hawaiian airports, but there isn't a system in place to automatically decide to remove the passenger bus right now. We might think about how to do it.

The customization. Is it done in the AFCAD? If so..could you tell us what it is?
By the way...GREAT ADDON!!! :-D

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 05:49:20 pm »
The customization. Is it done in the AFCAD?

No, the customization is done with files downloaded via the live update. Not something you could do for yourself, at least not at the present time.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Jack J Jackson

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 06:17:59 pm »
Would it be possible, in the future, to have a settings module, like a possibility to "set the time" for different services?

Jack
The Swede in Spain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 07:19:16 pm »
Would it be possible, in the future, to have a settings module, like a possibility to "set the time" for different services?

Read the manual, there's a paragraph named "Customizing GSX", that deals exactly with that. Right now you'll have to edit a text file, we might add a GUI later on, but you can customize operation times as you wish.