Author Topic: Silly question on how to open the fsx standard 737s etc  (Read 27048 times)

pete_auau

Silly question on how to open the fsx standard 737s etc
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:04:54 pm »
Hi great product  just  downloaded  it  went  and  tried the  standard   fsx  737  to see if it  works    and  yes   it  does  but   since  i havnt flown the standard  fsx  aircraft  for ages   was wondering what  are the keys   to open the  doors  3  and  4 and  cargo  doors   since  it  wont let  me  finish  the loading  till i open  the  doors.  I  tried   shift  and  e   but that only  opens the  main  cabin door  1   thx  again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Silly question on how to open the fsx standard 737s etc
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 12:14:34 pm »
Default 737, A321 and 747 use the following commands, which are kind of standard for default:

Shift+E will open the main Exit
Shift+E followed by 2 in rapid succession will open both Cargo doors together
Shift+E followed by 3 in rapid succession will open all the doors on the right, for Catering

Default airplanes have shared animations, Cargo doors open together, and all the doors on the right open together too, airplane listed at "Level 2" in the this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5481.0

Usually have independent doors animations, and GSX will work with their custom method of opening doors.

Sometimes you have to use the airplane configuration utilities to enable hotkeys, an example of this is the PMDG747: by default is configured to have all doors on the left and all doors on the right opening together with two hotkeys, but you *can* assign different keys to operate independently. The good thing is, even if you remap keys, it won't affect GSX, that will still work with that airplane.

pete_auau

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:19:34 pm »
thx  for  that   and   what  can i say  about  gsx  is  wow  another  great  product  from   fsdt   team

Kurt

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 01:36:08 pm »
Hi Umberto, I have a similar problem: after I'm ready for push-back I'm always asked to shut the doors 1 and 2 for the default B737. But all doors are closed except the cargo-doors on the right side. And when I push the keys the main door opens, when I repeat the Keys the main door close but not the cargo-doors.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 02:08:40 pm »
Not a GSX problem, GSX only *reads* the door status, doesn't control the actual opening/closing operation. If you can't open/close them, it's because you aren't pressing the number 2 after Shift+E at the correct time, try doing it either faster or slower.

The command to open Cargo doors on the default airplanes it's NOT Shift+E+2. It's Shift+E FIRST, and THEN 2 (on the main keyboard, not on the numeric keypad), after a brief pause.

Kurt

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 02:59:13 pm »
Now I changed the airplane to default A 321. After landing and taxing to the gate I called for deboarding. But when I opened all doors it wants still to open exit 2. I tried every timing during pressing the keys, but neither works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 03:03:31 pm »
Now I changed the airplane to default A 321. After landing and taxing to the gate I called for deboarding. But when I opened all doors it wants still to open exit 2. I tried every timing during pressing the keys, but neither works.

I'm sorry, but this is not what's happening here, and nobody else reported this. With default airplanes, GSX just reads the official standard SDK variable for the opened exits, so it's not really possible it won't work.

If your door is open on a default airplane, it will work, no doubts about this. Has your aircraft.cfg file for the default airplanes been modified in any way ?

Kurt

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 03:17:08 pm »
I don't think, that my aircraft-cfg-file was modified, I only use other repaints. Now I'll try it with a smaller one, a Beech King.
BTW is it possible to make the sound louder against the AC ?

Kurt

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 09:26:30 pm »
Hi Umberto, my door-problem still exist. Shift+E+1 opens the maindoor, Shift+E+3 opens the left door behind and the right two doors, but Shift+E+2 closes the maindoor and doesn't open the cargo-doors. And it doesn't matter, how quick I press the number 2 (not on the numeric part of the keyboard, that's clear). So of course the whole procedure can't go forward, because waiting for closing door number 2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 09:30:07 pm »
Shift+E+3 opens the left door behind and the right two doors

If Shift+E and 3 works, I don't see any reason why the Shift+E and 2 doesn't. Can you post the JUST the lines belonging to the [Exits] section in the aircraft.cfg of your default B737_800 ?

Kurt

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 07:52:41 am »
Here is the part:
[exits]
number_of_exits=3
exit.0=0.4,  36.6, -5.0,  3.0, 0   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1=0.4, -38.5,  4.5, -3.0, 1   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.2=0.4,  33.5,  3.5, -4.0, 2   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

But strange, that happens also at the Default Airbus.

Selkan

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 11:04:34 am »
Not a silly question: I am having exactly the same problem.  I use the default 737-800 as I have my own 737-800 home built cockpit.  My Aircraft cfg reads exactly as above.  When I hit Shift +E, main door opens, then repeating Shift+E, 1, 2, or 3 closes main door again, but doesn't open other doors.  Also, I sometimes get other windows opening i.e. radio, throttles etc using the above combinations.  Looking at my main keys assignments, I see there is only one item listed to open doors i.e. shift+E; could this have a bearing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 11:25:06 am »
Not a silly question: I am having exactly the same problem.  I use the default 737-800 as I have my own 737-800 home built cockpit.

I would like to clarify first this: are you aware this issue doesn't have anything to do with GSX, right ? GSX doesn't "act" on the door, it only *reads* its status so, if you are not able to open the cargo and emergency doors when GSX requests it, it was a problem you already had before.

My Aircraft cfg reads exactly as above

That's how it's supposed to look like. Note that, the default aircraft.cfg files for the 737 and 747 are wrong, they have the number_of_exits sets to 2, even if the default 737 and 747 models SUPPORTS those animations! The A321 it's fine.

So, GSX installer simply changes the number_of_exits to 3, so default 737 and 747 will be able to open their Emergency exits, which means all the doors on the right-hand side.

But without taking into account this bug that relates ONLY to the Emergency exits on the default 737 and 747 (the A321 has always been ok), you should have been able to open AT LEAST the Cargo doors on ALL 3, even with an unpatched aircraft.cfg file.

Looking at my main keys assignments, I see there is only one item listed to open doors i.e. shift+E; could this have a bearing?

I don't think this is the issue, the 1, 2 and 3 are only subsequent keypresses on the main assignment, which is Still Shift+E, just like the default Pushback, which is Shift+P and then quickly 1 or 2 (for Left or Right)

Just to check, are you able to use the default Pushback feature to ask for a Left pushback, which is Shift+P and then quickly 1 ?

Selkan

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 11:40:32 am »
I have just found an answer that works for me.  I reasigned the key combination of shift +E to any single key; for me \ (back slash)  This then opened and closed the main door in the normal manner.  Then pressing \ releasing key and pressing 1,2, or 3 opened all other doors/cargo etc.  Must be some kind of time issue in FSX.  Hope this helps all?

Kurt

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 01:23:29 pm »
Umberto, you said, the A321 is OK? But I think, in the aircraft.cfg is a similar text:
[exits]
number_of_exits = 3
exit.0 = 0.4,  45.50, -6.0, 7.0, 0  //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.4, -33.50, 5.85, 0.0, 1  //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.2 = 0.4,  29.90, 6.0,  1.0, 2  //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)