Author Topic: List of supported airplanes in GSX  (Read 344920 times)

sso

Re: List of supported airplanes in GSX
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2014, 08:09:55 pm »
GSX Manual, Page 12, "Deboarding Time" paragraph.
That I missed. Sorry for that.
What is realistic values?
5 sec deboarding and 10 sec boarding per door?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2014, 09:38:49 pm »
5 sec deboarding and 10 sec boarding per door?

As explained on the manual, the timings are per passenger NOT per door. Just select what you prefer to use, depending on how much time you need to complete other tasks in the cockpit, the slider is there for a reason, not all users use FSX in the same way: some users would get bored after 1 minute, other users needs 30 minutes to program their FMC...your choice.

sso

« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2014, 10:51:32 pm »
Completely understand, and I know that GSX does not take into account the number of doors used for de-boarding and boarding.  ;)
Nevertheless I'm curious about the typical times to make the duration realistic. Do you know?

freddiel

« Reply #228 on: December 03, 2014, 08:42:58 pm »
Some high-quality freeware:
Thomas Ruth A300/A310/A330/A340
Project Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321/A380
Project Opensky 737/747/757/767/777
TDS 737/787
SkySpirit 747/767

flyaway719

« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2014, 04:30:23 pm »
Flight1 dc9 please

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #230 on: December 10, 2014, 08:14:44 pm »
Flight1 dc9 please

Does it have special/uncommon features that makes it particularly hard to create a configuration for it with the airplane configuration editor included with GSX ?

Chigley

« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2015, 02:35:42 am »
I do not has the " GSX.CFG " why???

I searched in :   "C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali"

That's not the correct folder, as I've said in all threads about finding the .CFG, it's located at:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME

And as I've said also, you don't have to manually search that file, if you use the RESET button in the Aircraft configuration editor, it's the SAME.

You might also want to check for a GSX.CFG in the Airplane root folder, under FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME. GSX won't put anything here by default, but you might have downloaded a pre-made GSX.CFG and put it here, and forgot about it (this happened to another user too), in THIS case, you must remove it manually.

And of course, you MUST install the current Live Update too, in order to support the 777

I'm a newbie and confused  ???
I've read and reread this thread but cannot find a solution to my problem. I'm trying to obtain a realistic position for the stairs to exit 1 on the CS_B777-300ER_GE. At present the stairs are being positioned by default half way up the open door aperture. I've tried editing the setting by adjusting the numerical figure and also using the 3D configurator in the aircraft customisation menu, exiting the program via "save" or "Y" does not alter the stair positioning. Having no joy with this I deleted the appdata B777 aircraft folder containing the gsx.cfg file
Reading this thread I've double checked that there is no gsx.cfg in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-300ER_GE root folder. Despite checking and reinstalling the latest Live update and using reset in the aircraft customisation drop down Couatl menu in FSX Add-ons there is no B777-300..... folder in %appdata% aircraft.
Additionally in reply to ahiko you quote the gsx.cfg file should be in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME. I don't have that %appdata%\virtuali\GSX file path the GSX installation created a C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes file path.
Being somewhat confused by this problem and a couple more that I am still trying to sort out I'm not having a fun time with GSX although I can appreciate what a good piece of software it could be.
Any help is more than welcome.  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #232 on: January 26, 2015, 10:33:56 am »
I'm trying to obtain a realistic position for the stairs to exit 1 on the CS_B777-300ER_GE. At present the stairs are being positioned by default half way up the open door aperture.

This is absolutely normal, for an airplane that is still not configured, so GSX will try to guess the door position from the aircraft.cfg, which is not precise.

I've tried editing the setting by adjusting the numerical figure and also using the 3D configurator in the aircraft customisation menu, exiting the program via "save" or "Y" does not alter the stair positioning.

That's not normal. Regardless how you change the settings (typing numbers or editing in the 3d screen), the settings will be changed when you save the airplane. Have you tried "Restart Couatl" AFTER you SAVED the changes ?

Reading this thread I've double checked that there is no gsx.cfg in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-300ER_GE root folder.

This is not relevant at all to your issues. The issue with a gsx.cfg file in the main airplane folder, is a suggestion we give to users that have made some kind of mistake editing an airplane that is ALREADY supported by GSX. If they mistakenly put the gsx.cfg file in the airplane folder, the "Reset" button won't work.

But this doesn't  apply to your case, because you MUST create a custom configuration (since the airplane is not internally supported), so ANY custom configuration you made, that will end up in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\Airplanes folder, WILL always take precedence on everything.

Despite checking and reinstalling the latest Live update and using reset in the aircraft customisation drop down Couatl menu in FSX Add-ons there is no B777-300..... folder in %appdata% aircraft.

That's normal, of course. You are not supposed to have a file there. That folder will contain a GSX.CFG ONLY if you made one, using the airplane configuration editor AND save your settings. Since you said yourself that you HAD such folder, and you remove it, to re-create the file, you must use the airplane configuration editor AND save your settings.

I don't have that %appdata%\virtuali\GSX file path the GSX installation created a C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes file path.

See above. If you never customized an airplane, there will be no such folder.

Libero29

« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2015, 10:22:30 pm »
Ciao guys!

Any chance for Wilco pubblishing CRJ nextgen series? I fly CRJ900 and is one of my favourite airplains.

Thanks a lot, grazie,

Libero

scheffer23

« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2015, 01:24:40 pm »
I see that yoiu support the PMDG777F but the GSX keep asking to open the main cargo exit at the left side. It is not possible to edit this to a corgo door.
How to change this?

Kind regards,

Peter Scheffer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #235 on: March 09, 2015, 11:09:05 am »
I see that yoiu support the PMDG777F but the GSX keep asking to open the main cargo exit at the left side. It is not possible to edit this to a cargo door. How to change this?

If you don't want to use the main cargo door on the left, and you want to use two cargo doors on the right, you must do both the following:

1) Use the airplane configuration editor to MOVE the arrow from the left side to the correct place on the right side, and ROTATE IT 180 degrees to have the green arrow pointing on the outside.

AND

2) Since the PMDG 777 use a custom variable to hold doors status, change the name of the variable used in the XML expression and the to other parameters to match the ones needed for the forward cargo door in this airplane.

The one as used by the GSX default config is:

Name = Main Deck Cargo
XML expression = (L:7X7XmaincargoDoor,number)
ULD Code = PALLET1

You want to change it into:

Name = Cargo FWD
XML expression (L:7X7XforwardcargoDoor,number)
ULD Code = AKE

This, assuming you moved it to the right fwd position, which is the one currently free, that is used for the passenger version, and not used by the default GSX for the Freighter variant. GSX can only support TWO cargo doors IN TOTAL.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:15:13 am by virtuali »

Jubester

« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2015, 07:58:03 pm »
Pls make VirtualCol dash-8 compatible with GSX!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2015, 10:48:15 pm »
Pls make VirtualCol dash-8 compatible with GSX!

With the included editor, you can make any airplane compatible with GSX.

Richard514

« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2015, 03:15:06 pm »
Please consider the Flight1 King Air B200.

Thank you for all your hard work?

Richard514

« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2015, 03:18:53 pm »
The question mark on my comment was an error, please ignore!