Author Topic: List of supported airplanes in GSX  (Read 344817 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: List of supported airplanes in GSX
« Reply #360 on: January 06, 2022, 05:10:18 pm »
I still feel that my suggestion of a catalogue of supported aircraft editable only by GSX is worthwhile and also a warning placard at the beginning of the thread about the Exit 2 message not being the default or configured aircraft file. It would save hours of searching, testing and tribulation.

That's not needed. The information you need already in GSX. When you open the airplane configuration editor, in the top under the airplane title, it will tell you exactly from which source GSX is taking the information from which, in order of "quality, from worse to best are:

1 - "Aircraft data used by GSX: SIMCONNECT", which is the absolute bare minimum

2 - "Intelliscene.cfg", the configuration comes from an AES airplane configuration file. A bit better, but not as complete as GSX.

3 - "Internal GSX database", which means the airplane is internally supported by GSX.

4 - "Developer-provided data", the airplane developer has provided a GSX.CFG in the airplane own folder

5 - "User customization in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes", you customized this plane

These are the AVAILABLE data sources, and this is also their order of PRIOIRTY ( the number I wrote ), which means if multiple data sources are available, GSX will use the one with the highest number. Of course, you don't have to count or know this because, the 2nd line on the same page will also tell you what GSX is using.

So no, instead of having a separate web page, which might be outdated or inaccurate, you can get the *actual* up to date information of how a certain airplane is supported and what GSX is using right now.

Chigley

« Reply #361 on: January 06, 2022, 11:10:40 pm »
Thank you, I most certainly wasn't aware of that information it will be very useful to know. I wonder how many other of your copious customers are aware of this? Could this information be published as some type of banner?

Kindest thanks for your assistance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #362 on: January 09, 2022, 03:31:57 pm »
What about Page 52 of the GSX manual ? I'll quote the relevant part:

When you first open the Editor in Dialog Mode, the following Dialog will appear, displaying the currently selected Airplane, with its doors configuration as currently known by GSX. As further explain in the manual, GSX can use different data sources for your airplane, with different reliability, depending if the airplane is internally supported by GSX, has an intelliscene.cfg file in its folder, or just by looking at the aircraft. cfg, which is the worse possible case.

trisho0

« Reply #363 on: February 12, 2022, 06:11:21 pm »
Where could I find the GSX.cfg profile for iFly 737NG Advanced Series? From airports without jetways I call GSX ground services to operate Stairs and they don't dock properly so PAX flying (lol). Jetways dock well.
Patricio Valdes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #364 on: February 12, 2022, 06:29:25 pm »
Where could I find the GSX.cfg profile for iFly 737NG Advanced Series? From airports without jetways I call GSX ground services to operate Stairs and they don't dock properly so PAX flying (lol). Jetways dock well

The whole point of GSX having an integrated airplane configuration editor, is that you can configure any airplane that would eventually come up, regardless if it's already internally supported by GSX or not.

Fixing the doors position it's the easiest thing to do.

Alabamaboy

« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2022, 12:19:41 am »
How about the QW 787 it alway say gate too small even at heavy gates ie KIAH KSFO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #366 on: February 16, 2022, 11:47:48 am »
How about the QW 787 it alway say gate too small even at heavy gates ie KIAH KSFO

From the GSX Manual, Page 38, the chapter that explains what the "Max Wingspan" option in the scenery customization editor does.

This option allows to override the parking radius in the scenery AFCAD, used to verify if a parking is too small to fit a certain parking. Sometimes, it’s possible that a scenery has actual space available around a parking spot, but the scenery designer has specified a smaller radius for that parking spot in the AFCAD, maybe for AI flow reasons, or to fix problems with default ground vehicles, or simply because of an oversight

Beaufort

« Reply #367 on: August 23, 2022, 01:11:58 pm »
I use GSX/GSX2 with JeeHell A320 FMGS, whose outer model is based on Project Airbus. As it works fine I think you may add it to the list. What I do not know is if refueling works properly, as I use PFPX/Topcat for load and fuel. If GSX would work together with these, this would be a nice feature.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 01:47:21 pm by Beaufort »

doksas

« Reply #368 on: December 31, 2022, 03:31:09 am »
Hi Umberto, can u add new iFly 737 MAX to supported list please ?
Happy Holidays !

trisho0

« Reply #369 on: December 31, 2022, 03:46:42 am »
iFly site has already the GSX file to download it.
Patricio Valdes

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2022, 04:21:33 am »
NEW REQUEST: BBS Airbus Widebody Prologue for P3Dv4
TheCaptain3618

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google