Author Topic: List of supported airplanes in GSX  (Read 344917 times)

trisho0

Re: List of supported airplanes in GSX
« Reply #345 on: November 26, 2020, 06:08:20 pm »
A2A L-049 Constellation and A2A B377 Stratocruiser as well will be nice to implement onto GSX2
Patricio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #346 on: November 26, 2020, 06:19:08 pm »
A2A L-049 Constellation and A2A B377 Stratocruiser as well will be nice to implement onto GSX2

Are you aware you can create a GSX configuration for any airplane using the included airplane configuration editor ?

trisho0

« Reply #347 on: November 26, 2020, 06:45:07 pm »

Are you aware you can create a GSX configuration for any airplane using the included airplane configuration editor ?
Cool! ... where to find that editor?
Patricio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #348 on: November 27, 2020, 11:02:48 am »
I suggest reading the manual.

fernandito

« Reply #349 on: December 23, 2020, 01:03:26 am »
Hello Gentz;
Any chances that "Just Flight-DC Desing Concorde for FSX & P3D" will make that list?. After finishing GSX settings for the Concorde to receive the catering and luggage vehicles at Door R4 the door will not open when prompting (Shift E+2) however without activating GSX both R4 & L1 will open independently by (Shift E+1 & E+2). Jetways, Fuel Truck and the GPU do connect without any problems as well. By the way R1 which normally would be use for Catering on the Concorde after consulting with Techs they have inform me that R1 has no function. Any thoughts
 ???

Regards
Fernando Rentas
FRL

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #350 on: December 23, 2020, 05:40:14 am »
After finishing GSX settings for the Concorde to receive the catering and luggage vehicles at Door R4 the door will not open when prompting (Shift E+2) however without activating GSX both R4 & L1 will open independently by (Shift E+1 & E+2).

It's not possible that using ( or not ) GSX could have any effect on how the airplane opens ( or not, or how ) its doors. GSX never tries to open any doors automatically and will not change how they work.

fernandito

« Reply #351 on: December 23, 2020, 12:06:19 pm »
Tracking! I thought that the root of issue was caused by the DC Concorde not being included on that GSX aircraft supported list. Will further research on the other side and see emerges. Thanks.

Att.
Fernando Rentas
FRL

trisho0

« Reply #352 on: January 07, 2021, 06:04:09 am »
Tracking! I thought that the root of issue was caused by the DC Concorde not being included on that GSX aircraft supported list. Will further research on the other side and see emerges. Thanks.

Att.
Fernando Rentas
What's the Hello you are talking about? Any issues raised in your system?

trisho0

« Reply #353 on: January 09, 2021, 06:40:24 pm »
I think you can add the Concorde via Airplane Configuration Editor but we need to find a Tutorial. Maybe in Youtube.

FedeSuper10

« Reply #354 on: February 14, 2021, 02:20:19 pm »
Hi, does anybody have a file to make it work with the new CaptainSim L1011 Captain II? My GSX works perfectly with every aircraft I use, but not with the 1011, the dialog doesn't want to pop-up...

SimForLife

« Reply #355 on: August 02, 2021, 01:53:11 am »
Hey Umberto:

Hope all is well, quick question, I've been trying to schedule a flight from KSFO-KBOS using the FSLabs A321-X-SL (sharklets), according to SimBrief flight planner I need 21364kg of fuel for the trip, the airbus a321 max capacity for fuel load is 24000kg, yet GSX only loads a max of 18900kg, not sure why any suggestions.

Thanks
SimForLife
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #356 on: August 04, 2021, 03:06:50 pm »
the airbus a321 max capacity for fuel load is 24000kg, yet GSX only loads a max of 18900kg, not sure why any suggestions.

With the FS Labs Airbus, the plane itself integrates with GSX and commands how much fuel should be loaded so, it's best asking the question to FS Labs, since I'm not entirely aware of the complexity of their integration, which has been constantly updated too.

Chigley

« Reply #357 on: January 03, 2022, 07:56:30 pm »
Two requests.
Having searched through this gigantic thread and the shared aircraft config areas to no avail is the PMDG 737NGXu BBJ supported by GSX? I have found the 737NGX's and also configs for the 737 freighters but nothing for the BBJ. The aircraft is recognised by GSX as jetways and services arrive at the appropriate positions but l'm getting the dreaded "Open Exit 2" message. I've tried using the aircraft configurator and the 3D configuration tool and everything lines up, the exits are correctly listed and identified as present or not. I still get the Open exit 2 message. I tried using the reset function in the configuration tool which had no effect. Am I missing a trick or does GSX treat the BBJ as an aircraft that doesn't use a terminal stand and only uses internal stairs and services?

Secondly, a suggestion. This thread and the shared config areas are gigantic and unwieldy; a locked topic with a catalogue of all the GSX supported aircraft that is only edited by GSX would be an invaluable reference tool.

Many thanks for any assistance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2022, 05:08:17 pm »
Yes, the PMDG 737 BBJ variant is not internally supported in GSX. This could be noticed by the generic "Exit 2" message, which is the one of a default or unconfigured airplane.

Even if you line up everything, the most important thing to configure is the variable used to control the door's status, which on 3rd party airplanes is almost invariably a custom L: var, which requires an XML expression to be checked.

Assuming the variables are the same as the normal 737 ( at least for the doors in use ), the easiest way to "inherit" a configuration of another support airplane into a variant is as follows:

- Load up the supported version closest to the variant. I don't know how many versions of the BJJ PMDG has modeled but, I see the BBJ is based on the 737-700, BBJ2 is based on the 800 and BBJ3 is based on the 900

- Open the GSX airplane editor, and edit any parameter, even of a very small amount, like raising/lowering a door 1 cm, JUST enough to trigger the editor to save a GSX.CFG in the %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\GSX\AIRPLANES folder

- Load the BBJ version, and do the same, so GSX will create a GSX.CFG for it as well ( you said you reset it, so I'm assuming you lost your previous modifications.

- COPY the FIRST GSX.CFG ( the one for the supported version ) over the one in the BBJ folder, overwriting the one which is already there.

- Choose "Restart Couatl" from the menu, now the BBJ should have a configuration with all the custom XML expressions taken from the standard version and doors with their custom names. You can now proceed to do any required changes, like removing doors, etc.

Chigley

« Reply #359 on: January 05, 2022, 11:13:00 pm »
Thank you for the reply and instruction.

I still feel that my suggestion of a catalogue of supported aircraft editable only by GSX is worthwhile and also a warning placard at the beginning of the thread about the Exit 2 message not being the default or configured aircraft file. It would save hours of searching, testing and tribulation.