Author Topic: List of supported airplanes in GSX  (Read 344834 times)

fowler

Re: List of supported airplanes in GSX
« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2015, 01:05:35 am »
Hello Umberto. New to using GSX and already find it fantastic. Never bothered to play FSX on ground... until now. Quick question : what does it mean to say that an aircraft is "supported" by GSX ? I have to ask because I tried to set the jetway (Ctr J) to the CS 757-200 at gate 14, 11 and 34 and it never came properly to this aircraft. Should I fine tune it with custom setting etc. ? Thanks PS : I use FSDT LSGG as well

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2015, 10:45:35 pm »
Quick question : what does it mean to say that an aircraft is "supported" by GSX ?

That we already made a GSX configuration for it, which is internal to the program, so you don't have to create one yourself.

If you want to use an unsupported airplane, you must first create a GSX configuration for it, using the internal airplane configuration editor. Once you do that (the procedure is fully explained in the manual), the airplane becomes "supported".

I have to ask because I tried to set the jetway (Ctr J) to the CS 757-200 at gate 14, 11 and 34 and it never came properly to this aircraft. Should I fine tune it with custom setting etc. ?

Jetways don't have anything to do with GSX, that doesn't control, doesn't affect, is not affected by jetways. Nothing you do in GSX has an effect on jetways in any way. They ARE bugged, and there's nothing you can do to fix them completely.

This will likely change in future versions of GSX, but it will still require all sceneries that use default FSX jetways, to be updated.

fowler

« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2015, 08:56:45 pm »
Umberto thanks for your asnwer. Just to stay in topic I would add 2 more CLS aircrafts beeing the 747 HD and the new DC-10 HD

Now I have a question for GSX as I noticed using the PMDG MD-11 when boarding pax GSX ask for opening the fwd L cabin door which is done by the shortcuts in the FMC or the aircraft. Now the jetways always connect to the middle L cabin door which I believe is correct due to the lenght of the airplane. (If you stop the MD-11 into the gate so that the jetway connect to the fwd L door I'm afraid the aircraft is way to aft of the position)
So would it be possible to change the GSX logic so that it asks the middle L door to be opened instead of the fwd one ? Also when starting the boarding sequence even if the jetway is already connected to the aircraft GSX would ask to operate the jetway which I find illogical. When you start FSX with MD-11 at gate you want the jetway to be connected already as pilots / tech need to board the plane, do the preflight etc. request the fuel & meal services etc.  then start the boarding process. (without having to operate the jetway as it is already connected) Is it possible to change the logic of GSX so that it checks if the jetway is there or not before issuing the warning message ? In any case it could b e a warning message but not a "condition for GSX to allow boarding" type of message.

Kind regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2015, 03:08:58 pm »
So would it be possible to change the GSX logic so that it asks the middle L door to be opened instead of the fwd one ?

Of course. And there's nothing we must do, you can do it with the configuration editor see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9092.msg72850.html#msg72850

Also when starting the boarding sequence even if the jetway is already connected to the aircraft GSX would ask to operate the jetway which I find illogical
GSX doesn't know or controls ANYTHING about jetways. It only knows if a parking have one, that's it. There's no way to know if a jetways is extended or not.

fowler

« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2015, 12:27:56 am »
Niceeee just did it and it worked. Thanks for the tip !!  Also I was wrong about the "Jetway message" I was under the impression it was an obligatory thing to operate the jetway when starting the boarding sequence but it is only an advisory message. As you say jetway is unknown to GSX and it is operator/simmer responsability to ensure it is there before the boarding sequence is initiated, which makes perfect sense. Last thing for now I would like to know it it is normal that the cargo loader stay in position (in contact with airplane) waiting for operator to close the cargo door when loading is finished ? I don't know in real live either, but looking at the cargo door it looks like it is "slicing" trough the cargo loader when closing. Any way to make the loader go back a few meters before calling loading finished and ready to close the cargo doors ?

fowler

« Reply #245 on: November 05, 2015, 02:00:23 am »
Just installed new version of GSX and notice now the cargo loader go away from airplane at the end of loading so the above mentionned issue as been fixed. I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality of the work of these guys, I never ever tought I could enjoy ramp ops / flight preparation as much as I do now with GSX and these beautifuls airport sceneries we have now. I find it funny to set the time at ETD (block) minus 20 min. do the ramp service (meals,fuel,pax and cargo loading), cockpit preparation (FMS loading) etc.  all the while watching the onboard clock with anxiety wondering if the flight is going to make it one time or not.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:04:03 am by fowler »

PGspy18

« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2015, 05:06:54 am »
Any chance for the PMDG Jetstream J41?

I've seen people talk about it, but I don't see it on the list yet.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:21:49 am by PGspy18 »

Tugger

« Reply #247 on: December 14, 2015, 10:05:14 pm »
Any chance of adding support for the default DC-3 in terms of push-back? It would look better to be towed back, in my opinion.

chintzo

« Reply #248 on: January 14, 2016, 10:05:14 pm »
Any chance for the PMDG Jetstream J41?

I've seen people talk about it, but I don't see it on the list yet.

+1

Even if it's door open/close config.

If anyone has made a custom config, could you post here.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2016, 12:59:04 am »
Can not make a Stair on Feelthere E145, I did edit Rear Cargo Door but can´t make GSX to put a Stair on Exit 1

You must raise the door, because we don't have a ladder so low, try 2.05 meters in height.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #250 on: July 08, 2016, 02:17:57 pm »
Virtuali, again asking for you advice Qualitywings 757 is driving me crazy!  Can´t make JETWAY to go to Door 1 as seen on my photo, I only have Door1 assigned in GSX, if I re-assign Cargo 2 to other place JETWAY goes to Cargo place!  ???

That's because you are assuming that assigning doors in GSX would have any relationship with default jetways! As explained in the manual, and so many times on the forum, nothing in GSX has ANY relationship with default FSX jetways.

They work entirely on their own, and are controlled ONLY by the [Exits] section of the airplane.cfg files. Nothing you do in GSX would have any effect on them.

GSX door assignments, instead, have an effect on SODE jetways, but only at sceneries using SODE.

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2016, 03:11:28 am »
I love the GSX program. I using Captain Sim 777-200 and 300 with the new 1.7 update. I use it's program to open the doors but GSX doesn't recognize it as being open so it keeps asking me to open the doors #2?? I tried other 777 (freeware and payware) and using the Shift+E+door number doesn't open the doors, instead they open the engine cowlings?? Any suggestions where I can reprogram a cfg file? Thanks.
Thanks,
Jon Martinez
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, FSXSE, ATI HD 6800 with 4GB DDR5 Ram, 16 GB system ram, 250 GB SSD, UTLive, REX SkyForce and Worldwide Airports

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2016, 02:42:43 pm »
Could be they added new variants that are not recognized ? This seems to be the case, since GSX (according to your report) is calling the door using the generic Exit 2 name, instead of the customized name, as used by Captain Sim

Check the GSX airplane customization page and, if you see a red sign on the first lines of the dialog box, it means the plane hasn't been recognized, likely because it's in a folder that GSX doesn't know about it, so you must create a configuration for it. These are the folders recognized by GSX for the CS-777:

CS_B777-200
CS_B777-PAX
CS_B777-200ER_GE
CS_B777-200ER_PW
CS_B777-200ER_RR
CS_B777-200LR
CS_B777-200ER

If the plane variant you are using is not one of these, you must create a GSX configuration for it using the editor.

Topgunner

« Reply #253 on: November 07, 2016, 04:31:29 am »
Hi I have aerosoft collection but i don't know why anything that has to do with the doors does not work. Gsx does not detect when I open the doors for catering and boarding/unboarding. Please help thank you

Hi
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 10:31:35 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #254 on: November 07, 2016, 10:32:45 am »
Hi I have aerosoft collection but i don't know why anything that has to do with the doors does not work. Gsx does not detect when I open the doors for catering and boarding/unboarding. Please help thank you

I already replied to your other post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14519.msg106632.html#msg106632

Please DO NOT double post.