Author Topic: List of supported airplanes in GSX  (Read 346584 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: List of supported airplanes in GSX
« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2013, 10:57:16 pm »
Do all POSKY planes work yet?

Any airplane can be made compatible, if you use the aircraft configuration editor that comes with GSX. This thread was more useful when GSX was released initially, with no configuration editor, so you had to wait for us to support it.

Now, support from us is only needed for the most tricky 3rd party airplanes that have non-standard doors commands (but you can still configure them, if you can figure it out the XML variables used), but usually free stuff use standard commands, so they can be adapted very easily with the editor.

delta6325

« Reply #196 on: June 07, 2013, 09:06:00 pm »
When will the Captain Sim 777-300ER and 777-200LR be supported by GSX?

MCHIBullDog

« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2013, 12:42:15 am »
Can you contact MADDOG once again? They just came out with a service pack on June 15th. They seem to have started helping their users a little more on their forums and may be willing to work with FSDT. :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:59:31 am by MCHIBullDog »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2013, 11:00:09 am »
Before the airplane configuration editor was released, it was needed some kind of support from the developer for the most tricky or non-standard airplanes. But now, an airplane developer could create a config file with the editor in minutes, including any special variables they might have used.

So, I'm sure that if their users would ask for a GSX config on their support forum, if they are really willing to start supporting their product again, it won't be any problem to provide such configuration themselves.

Gabriel_Silva

« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2013, 07:00:46 pm »
Any for CLS 747-200?

joelong

« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2013, 08:51:19 pm »
Would it be possible to add the new Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended X?

Thank you.

ozflyer

« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2013, 01:36:22 am »
PMDG has released 777, will there ben an update to gsx ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2013, 01:52:31 am »
PMDG has released 777, will there ben an update to gsx ?

Well, after GSX got an user-configurable airplane editor, the concept of having to wait for a GSX update to support any airplane is no longer relevant, because either the airplane developer himself might release GSX files together with the installer, or any other fellow user could create such config, and of course you can do it too.

So, unless there's something really specific to the PMDG 777 that would make it not compatible with it (which we still haven't heard of, but it's too early), GSX doesn't need to be updated to support it, you only need that someone, either you, PMDG or a fellow user (or even us, of course) would create a config file for it and share it, maybe in the sharing area on this forum.

Of course, if there IS something that makes the PMDG 777 not compatible with the current GSX version, we'll obviously update it.

Just like when Majestic released their excellent Q400, which required several changes in GSX (and in the airplane too), due to the fact they used an external flight model.

anappy

« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2013, 04:48:18 am »
Any chance we can get two ld loaders and a conveyor belt since the 777 has 3 cargo doors?

ozflyer

« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2013, 06:08:00 am »
Catering service wouldn't work on the newly released pmdg 777.

I get the message service not available, what am I missing ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2013, 11:27:10 pm »
It's on the Live Update now. Force a check for updates in the Couatl menu, and it will download the updated files to support the PMDG 777

XCLTM3

« Reply #206 on: September 05, 2013, 09:01:05 am »
It's on the Live Update now. Force a check for updates in the Couatl menu, and it will download the updated files to support the PMDG 777

Umberto,

my system is suffering.

I've;

a) downloaded & installed the latest update 4 times
b) restarted FSX 4 times
c) even went in manually on the 3D editor and set up the cargo doors and passenger doors
d) the rear cargo loader still won't line up correctly with my 3D setting (even though the Front loader works fine now)
e) I still get a message from GSX that I need to "open exit 2" even though every door on the 777 (including cargo doors) are open????

Can you help me out here please???

Steve
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #207 on: September 05, 2013, 10:00:20 am »
c) even went in manually on the 3D editor and set up the cargo doors and passenger doors

That's your problem: if you already tried to edit the configuration manually, the .cfg file you created always takes precedence over the GSX native support which is now being added.

You must Reset the config in the editor (or remove the .cfg file manually), otherwise you won't see the GSX updated support for the 777

XCLTM3

« Reply #208 on: September 05, 2013, 10:36:15 am »

That's your problem: if you already tried to edit the configuration manually, the .cfg file you created always takes precedence over the GSX native support which is now being added.

You must Reset the config in the editor (or remove the .cfg file manually), otherwise you won't see the GSX updated support for the 777

Umberto,

I'll happily reset the cfg.

However, what do you mean by "That's your problem"?

Did you read the series of steps I took before that? I would have liked a response for those too. Please don't handpick your responses. Look at all the issues raised and
respond accordingly. That's all I would expect from you and FS Dreamteam. I manually cfg the aircraft as a last resort, although I would have preferred not to.

Nothing seems to be working for me at my end no matter what I do. This is the 1st time I've had such an issue with getting GSX to work with an add-on aircraft. I just need to know "HOW CAN I GET IT TO WORK".

If I reset the cfg, and redownload & install for the 5th time, and it still doesn't work what is your suggestion?

Do you have a file I can manually install instead? I require some troubleshooting assistance and ideas.

Steve
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #209 on: September 05, 2013, 11:01:48 am »
However, what do you mean by "That's your problem"?

Haven't you noticed I've QUOTED you, indicating what I've meant ? The "That's your problem" line was just below this quote:

This means the "problem" I was referring to is that you used the editor, so the .cfg that has been created took precedence over the file in the Live Update.

Did you read the series of steps I took before that?

Obviously yes.

I would have liked a response for those too. Please don't handpick your responses. Look at all the issues raised and respond accordingly.

I replied to the only ONE step that would cause a problem. No need to reply to all of them.

Since, according to your report, you see the door referenced as "Exit 2", which is the generic name, it means the GSX file from the Live Update is not being used, because if it were, the main door should have been referenced as "L Entry 1", or the cargo doors should be called "Cargo FWD/AFT" same as they are in the PMDG FMC.

This is enough indication for me that a GSX.CFG file is taking precedence, so it must be Reset, or manually removed, as explained in the other thread I've linked, by removing the PMDG 777 folder in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:08:58 am by virtuali »