Author Topic: Had to ask - voice control possible in the future?  (Read 5326 times)

kitte

Had to ask - voice control possible in the future?
« on: February 01, 2012, 11:27:08 am »
This probably lays outside the scope of Ground Services X but it doesn't hurt to ask!  

I am sure you are aware of the wonderful product FS2Crew that is available for a number of aircraft. You interact with a virtual FO and groundcrew using voice (there is also a version using keypresses).

It's very immersive and one of the feautures I probably appreciate the most, is the interaction with groundcrew during pushback. You know, "cockpit to ground" "Ground, go ahead" "we are cleared for pushback and engine start" etc, all done using speech recognition and so talking to a microphone. I really, really feel like I'm sitting there in a plane talking to ground and it adds so much ambience!

Obviously I would absolute love to be able to interact with the groundcrew in Ground Services X in the same way using voice. I realize it might be asking too much but then again I have no idea how much programming it would take considering that voice recognition is already there in Windows 7 at least.

One might argue that it's a product that Bryan at FS2Crew rather should do, but perhaps there are more possibilities if you would do it, like being able to open doors with voice command or saying "requesting follow me car to gate XX".

I know I would be blown away by it! :D

Here is this video I uploaded to Youtube back in time and at 4:00 you can hear what I am talking about:

/Krister
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:29:25 am by kitte »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Had to ask - voice control possible in the future?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:52:12 am »
We were already in contact with Bryan, discussing a possible interaction, we would need to create some kind an API access for external programs, and it's surely something we are planning to do in the future.

kitte

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:57:21 am »
That is truly wonderful news and I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Btw, for us VATSIM users that tend to get lost taxiing on the ground, being able to say something like "requesting followme car for taxi to gate B12 via A    A7     B     C"  would be a godsend! I asked Aerosoft about this in AES but they said it really wasn't doable so I am prepared for what your answer might be... :D

Thanx,
Krister
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:01:08 pm by kitte »

Jorik

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 10:42:00 pm »
Is there any news about the interaction between fs2crew and GSX?
I just can't wait for this  8)

That is truly wonderful news and I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Btw, for us VATSIM users that tend to get lost taxiing on the ground, being able to say something like "requesting followme car for taxi to gate B12 via A    A7     B     C"  would be a godsend! I asked Aerosoft about this in AES but they said it really wasn't doable so I am prepared for what your answer might be... :D

Thanx,
Krister
Same here, this feature would be so handy.
But if this would become active in the future we need to find a way to keep the afcads up to date so all the taxiways have the correct name.

Best Regards,
Michiels Jorik

I7-920 4Ghz on Air, 12GB DDR3, ATI HD5970 at 1.1Ghz,
80Gb SSD (FSX only), Vrinsight CDUII, CH Rudder Yoke and Throttle
ActiveSky Evo,

WR269

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 03:19:38 am »
MCE already provides this, and it works really really well....they have even created new voices for GSX where they change depending on certain areas of the world .....all voice driven, does not change your .cfg file, it works exactly the same way GSX does, external to FSX.

riccardo74

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 11:17:33 pm »
It would be very useful to control GSX with Voice Command through FS2Crew. And this can reduce workload after landing, infact many times I get lost in the search for keys on the keyboard to give the right commands during taxi.

Any news about this?

In the meantime if you want you can use a software (14 day trial) to create voice commands that will be then translated into command sent from the keyboard. This program is called Voice Activated Command, here:

http://www.dwvac.com/

It works very well. For example I speech "Ground" and GSX window pops up, the I can choose from different menu simply speech "one", "two" and so on.

Is there something similar as free software?

Many thanks,
Riccardo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 01:21:37 pm »
We have opened a section for developers in this forum, and would like to hear their suggestions:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7585.0